Corporate Expense FP&A AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Performs financial reporting, planning & analysis in support of organizational strategies through preparation of general ledger analysis, reconciliations, journal entries, forecasting, and variance analyses.
63162Fundamental Components: Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the month-end close process which includes preparing journal entries to be posted to the General Ledger (accruals, pre-paids, and expense transfers), analyzing monthly variances to Plan/Forecast, and reporting monthly results to management and business stakeholders
- Develop relationships with key business stakeholders and assist in the development of the annual Plan and quarterly Forecasts for General & Administrative (G&A) expenses
- Ensure accuracy of Balance Sheet account balances by completing the monthly Account Reconciliation process
- Manage & maintain an appropriate cost center structure to help organize and track G&A expenses for assigned areas
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and requests from key business stakeholders across the Finance organization
- Able to identify problems, communicate to leadership, and execute corrective actions with help of management
Background Experience: 1-2 years accounting/financial experience or related fields. Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree a plus. Additional Job Information: Must understand specific needs on financial ad hoc reporting requests Leverages various financial systems/technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities Required Skills: Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen Desired Skills: General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Functional Skills: Finance - Expense management, Finance - Financial analysis - closing, planning, forecasting processes Technology Experience: Aetna Application - Hyperion Planning, Aetna Application - Hyperion Reports, Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: N/A EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.