Consulting Case Manager - Opioid StrategyPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Plays a critical role in Aetna's Opioid Strategy to assist in reducing overdose deaths by directly empowering overdose survivors to make self-directed choices about their recovery pathway.
- Provides telephonic outreach to members, following an opiate overdose.
- Holistically assesses members immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services.
- Engages members with an adaptable and individualized approach to provide immediate support and longitudinal support as necessary.
- Provides brief therapeutic strategies to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including, but not limited to: substance use, behavioral health, medical, and comorbidity.
- Utilizes a variety of advanced clinical assessments and provides treatment referrals for a level of care aligned with the members theory of change.
- Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance biopsychosocial functioning of members.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Highly Preferred: Strong understanding of opioid addiction, mechanism of action to opioids and benzodiazepines, risks for overdose, substance abuse issues is preferred!
Experience in facilitating client positive behavioral change.
Experience with different levels of patient care preferred.
Strong computer & literacy skills.
Bilingual proficiency in Spanish a plus!
Strong Motivational Interviewing skills preferred
Crisis intervention skills preferred.
Complex case management experience preferred
Ability to establish and maintain a high level of member trust and confidence.
1+ years of EAP, Behavioral Health or Social Services experience is preferred
Experience in handling addiction, mental health and psychiatric issues, family situations.
Telephonic patient care experience.
(May be willing to consider independently licensed Clinician. Must have Master's degree.)Additional Job Information: This role is for our Guardian Angel program (GAP) and performs telephonic outreach to members who have survived an Opioid overdose to assist them in getting treatment. Required Skills: General Business - Communicating for Impact Education: Nursing - Registered Nurse Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.