Business Project Program Senior ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
This position resides on the Commercial Business ABX Team and will support Aetna's Commercial Business to drive continuous improvement and process transformation throughout our portfolio of businesses. Aetna's Achieving Business eXcellence (ABX) program is focused on creating a culture of everyday problem solving and continuous improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
We are looking to augment our team with individuals who have a passion for driving change and are willing to challenge the status quo. The ideal candidate will be a customer-centered, service-oriented, problem-solver with the capacity to handle many different types of work simultaneously. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in lean six sigma (black belt or equivalent experience), strong analytic skills, facilitation skills and strong interpersonal/communication skills. Healthcare experience preferred as is experience in lean deployments
This position will be located in Hartford, CT, and will require travel to other Aetna locations approximately 15-25% of the time.
65858Fundamental Components: Fundamental Components:
- Develop and deploy the critical elements of a Lean Operating System focused on operational excellence, managing with data, and focusing on customer and employee satisfaction to drive financial benefits
- Partners with specific business areas to create Continuous Improvement Roadmaps, gather data and develop KPIs and trending reports, design and prepare ABX events, conduct ABX events, coach and mentor through post event implementation
- Conduct training sessions in support of lean six sigma tools / methodologies
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and independently influences business leader(s) including the most senior level to act or change behaviors through complex negotiations and/or expert consultation that promotes issue resolution
- Communicates compelling and concise results to empower business owner and decision making process regarding project opportunities
- Strives or guides engagement using a disciplined repeatable methodology
- Provides oversight to or drives initiative planning as required
- Proven leadership experience setting strategic direction and influencing change that resulted in quantifiable positive outcomes.
- Proven track record managing complex projects and or programs that resulted in cost savings.
- Project management experience.
- Six Sigma and LEAN certification; Green or Black Belt coupled with demonstrated work experience a must.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.