Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Business AnalystPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Performs analysis and translates business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation within specified time frames to solve moderately complex problems (multiple interfaces with other systems within a business unit) considering all impacted components from an end-to-end perspective.
- Ensures end-to-end traceability of requirements is complete.
- Applies specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables.
- Conducts impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Competent to work with minimal supervision in a technical capacity on most phases of the business systems analysis.
- Contributes to the review of Test Planning and Test Execution strategies.
- Creates the appropriate User-Interface Model(s) to support projects.
- Develops business workflow diagrams.
- Assists in the development of data models and interface design specifications.
- Documents, tracks, and resolves issues related to data quality.
- Contributes to the design and mapping of data conversion strategies.
- Participates in collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources, and development resources.
- Completes project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones or project budget to the Project Manager.
- Adheres to APLC or AGILE project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools and identifying areas for methodology improvement.
- Develops Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities.
- Creates appropriate communication materials are documented and distributed appropriately.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Analysts.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive IT solutions for business problems.
- 3+ years Business Analyst experience.
- Must possess sound knowledge of structured IT application development lifecycles, methodologies inclusive of Use Case tools.
- Ability to successfully interact with members, medical professionals and health plan and government representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or IT field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.