Audit Senior Consultant (SOC-1)Primary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
The SOC 1 Senior Audit Consultant will mainly be responsible for performing SOC 1 activities in conjunction with the preparation of SOC 1 reports covering multiple business areas and systems. In addition, the SOC 1 Senior Audit Consultant will manage workload independently and may act in a project lead role in various related activities. Senior Audit Consultants may be required to travel up to 10% of the year to audit locations within the U.S, although travel for the SOC1 team has not been significant in recent years.
70003Fundamental Components: Responsibilities of the SOC 1 Senior Audit Consultant:
• Partner with business/IT stakeholders to identify process/control/risk assessment changes that affect the reports
• Compile all updates on reports received from the business/IT, review updates with external auditors and address auditor feedback
• Facilitate meetings with external auditors and relevant business contacts on status of reviews, testing, exceptions, as well as monitoring overall progress and escalating as necessary
• Coordinate with SOX Compliance team on control reliance, changes, deficiencies and exceptions
• Proof final versions of report for completeness and accuracy before issuance
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate a commitment to Aetna code of conduct and respect for diversity. Background Experience: Minimum 2-4 years audit or related business experience (preferably within Health Insurance or related fields). Additional Job Information: Skills and experience requirements for the SOC 1 Senior Audit Consultant:
• 2-4 years audit or related business experience (preferably within Health Insurance or related fields)
• Be highly organized, self-starter, energetic and with a strong capacity to multi-task across multiple priorities.
In addition, the candidate must have:
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems related field
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• The ability to work independently
• Strong analytical skills. Preferred Qualifications of the SOC1 Audit Senior Consultant: Experience with SSAE 18 reporting on controls at Service Organizations
• Experience with financial statements and financial internal controls
• Advanced degrees/Professional certifications desired (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA)
• Experience in IT audit or related information technology a plus. Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.