Audit Senior Consultant (IT)Primary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
The IT Senior Audit Consultant will be a key member of the IT Internal Audit team and will participate in the execution of internal audits, particularly those that require advanced experience. As an IT Senior Audit Consultant, you will be responsible for performing and documenting auditing tasks including: developing audit objectives, documenting and evaluating critical controls, and designing and implementing audit tests under the supervision of more experienced auditors. You will work with minimal supervision, performing detailed testing, analysis and validation of audit information, as well as testing and creating clear, accurate work flows of IT processes, testing results, exceptions and workpaper documentation. You will also meet with various levels of IT management that will challenge and develop your communication skills (meeting management and written communication).
This job will require travel to audit locations within the U.S. roughly 5 - 10% of the year.
70164Fundamental Components: Key Job Responsibilities:
• Effectively perform and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and the Internal Audit Department’s audit methodology
• Perform walk throughs to understand the control objectives, risks and controls associated to the process area under review
• Create process narratives, flow-charts, document key controls, and test assigned key controls to reflect processes are designed and operating effectively
• Understand procedures, results and impacts; and document and express such understanding in both written and verbal form
• Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions
• Track and monitor management’s action plans against agreed upon timelines directly with the IT/Business owners
• Contribute to overall Internal Audit Department team norms to promote a positive environment and improve team effectiveness
• Maintain a current development plan reflecting a commitment to self-development as evidenced by positive performance reviews
• Perform detail testing as defined by the test program to define, analyze and validate information
• Create clear and accurate documentation and workflows of IT processes, testing results, and exceptions
• With minimal supervision, participating in reviews of major technology applications and infrastructure components demonstrating an ability to fully grasp technical concepts quickly, and analyzing data requirements to support technical components of detailed audit testing
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are looking for talented individuals to help us carry out our mission to develop and execute a risk-based audit plan using an approach that requires communication and collaboration with our customers. The ideal candidate has a basic understanding of major information technology applications and/or infrastructure components and the basic aspects of computer mainframe, midrange and distributed/client server platforms, as well as a thorough understanding and working knowledge of desktop tools, (e.g., Microsoft Office and other related software). Proficiency in the following is desired but not required: IT General Controls (Access Mgmt., Change Mgmt., etc.), IT General Computing Controls (Input, Processing, Output), IT Security Operations (Incident Response, Vulnerability Mgmt., etc.), Network Infrastructure (Mainframe Systems, Databases (i.e., DB2), Windows, Servers, Unix, etc.), Internet of Things (IoT), IT Governance, Data Protection, etc.
We also seek the following:
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity, the Enterprise’s code of conduct, and respect for
• Meets administrative reporting requirements and supports department initiatives
• Encourages teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• May perform SOX responsibilities such as participating in the execution of complex tasks for assigned audit and compliance objectives
• Able to work independently Background Experience: Skill or Experience Requirements:
• 3+ years IT audit or related IT experience (preferably within Health Insurance, Retail, Pharmacy, or related fields)
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
• Professional designations (i.e., CISA, CISSP, CRISC)/advanced degrees or measured progress in achieving, desirable
• Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical ability
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
• A desire to learn and grow your career
• Ability to travel overnight domestically 5 - 10% on average required
• The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.