Audit Project Manager (SOX)Primary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
The SOX Audit Project Manager will mainly be responsible for performing SOX compliance activities (walk-throughs, testing, identifying risks, deficiencies and remediation) in conjunction with business owners. In addition, (s)he will act in a project lead role in the day-to-day performance as well as oversight of SOX activities within assigned business areas. Serve as a team leader and in-filed project supervisor to plan, organize and facilitate multiple, concurrent audit projects of moderate complexity. Review, in depth, the process documentation obtained during walkthroughs & risk monitoring prior to the commencement of each assigned component. Develop project plan based on agreed timeline with the business area. Draft exceptions/deficiencies and Deficiency reports that effectively communicates the finding and related conclusions in a concise manner appropriate for senior leadership. Participate in department wide activities such as training and staff development as well as management presentations to other Aetna areas.
The SOX Audit Project Manager may be required to travel up to 10% of the year to audit locations within the U.S., although travel has not been that significant in recent years.
69986Fundamental Components: Key Responsibilities of the SOX Audit Project Manager:
• Participate in the execution of SOX and MAR compliance activities
• Identify, document, review and validate test evidence
• Identify key internal control risks in business process including control design defects
• Evaluate quarterly roll-forward assessments
• Document of internal control over financial reporting
• Evaluate and analyze business processes and how they affect the financial statements
• Work with management to create Management Action Plans (MAPs) to resolve deficiencies or issues
• Demonstrate a commitment to Aetna code of conduct and respect for diversity Background Experience: Required Qualifications and Education of the Audit Senior Consultant:
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-starter, energetic and with a strong capacity to multi-task across multiple priorities. In addition, the candidate must have:
• A minimum 5 years of experience in audit, accounting or related business experience
• Experience with Sarbanes Oxley Compliance / COSO Framework
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• Microsoft Office proficiency
• The ability to work independently
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience within the Health Insurance
• Experience with financial statements and financial internal controls
• Advanced degrees/Professional certifications desired (e.g. CPA, CIA, CISA) Required Skills: Finance - Profit and Quality Vigilance, Leadership - Developing and Executing Strategy, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance Desired Skills: General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen, Leadership - Collaborating for Results, Leadership - Creating Accountability Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.