Audit Project Manager - 3rd Party Risk, Oversight ProgramsPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Oversees a project team member(s) in the planning, execution, and documentation of independent delegation Information Privacy and Security oversight assessments/projects/monitoring activities of delegates to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and Aetna standards. Identify acceptable partners, prevent/detect and remediate Aetnas risks, monitor delegate performance and results, and assist in providing and monitoring corrective actions.
- Lead, in accordance with state, federal, accreditation, and Aetna delegation/oversight standards audit/oversight activities to verify and monitor compliance with regulatory requirements and standards including:
- Serve as team leader and project supervisor to plan, organize, and facilitate multiple, concurrent delegate audit/oversight projects of moderate complexity.
- Review, in depth, the process and procedural documentation obtained during oversight activities. Review workpapers, findings, reports, and Corrective Action Plans drafted by supporting team members and ensure all applicable documentation is saved to the shared drive appropriately. Develop annual audit calendar and individual project plans based on agreed upon timeline with management including overall delegation of work to project team members.
- Perform preliminary project review and sign-offs, assist in managing the project scope and provide project feedback to project team members.
- Draft the audit/oversight activity findings, reports, and Corrective Action Plans for each assigned project that effectively communicates the purpose of the project and conclusions reached in a manner appropriate for senior leadership, network, and the delegate.
- Manage delegate audit/oversight project resource needs, identify and communicate resource/administrative gaps, and coordinate with department management to secure necessary resources to meet project objectives.
- Provide status reports and metrics to management.
- Facilitate meetings with the delegates, NND team, delegate oversight partners, network, and other business partners.
- Manage time budgets as well as project risks / barriers.
- Participates and presents at required delegation oversight committees.
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments, in line with career progression proactively seeks relevant education, project and training opportunities.
- Supports and/or manage special projects as needed.
- Support regulatory examinations as needed
- Minimum of 3-5 years audit, compliance, Medicare, or related business experience (preferably within Health Insurance or related fields)
- Project management experience.
- Auditing, Quality Assurance, Security Controls, Risk Management, and/or Internal Controls experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Able to travel nationwide and international up to 20%
- CISSP and/or CISA preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Information Management/Certified Information System Auditor is desired
Information Management/Certified Information System Security Professional is desired
Functional - Communications/Communication Delivery - Public Speaking/4-6 Years
Functional - General Management/Data analysis & interpretation/4-6 Years
Functional - Management/Management - Process and quality improvement/4-6 Years
Functional - Project Management/Time Management/4-6 Years
Functional - Project Management/Project Leader/4-6 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Visio/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical - Desktop Tools/TE Microsoft Excel/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical - Database/Microsoft Access/4-6 Years/Power User
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/ADVANCED
Leadership/Engaging and Developing People/ADVANCED
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/ADVANCED
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
General Business/Communicating for Impact/ADVANCED
Considered only for current internal teleworkers (in any area), external candidates must be office based in Hartford, CT.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Join a growing team with numerous opportunities to grow and develop. Support the development of a brand new IP&S program. Ability to collaborate with and learn from SME's in areas such as Global Security, Compliance, Legal, Risk Management, and Network. Strengthen written and verbal communication skills through delivery of reports and participation in Committees/meetings. Develop and utilize ABX Six Sigma/Lean skills as we rebuild the framework, processes, and controls for this organization. Learn to assess the risk of the delegate population, analyze data and trends, and manage delegate compliance with standards and regulatory requirements.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.