Audit Consultant (Direct Assist)Primary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
|Aetna’s Internal Audit Department serves Aetna’s Audit Committee and assists management in achieving Aetna’s goals by conducting independent and objective assurance and consulting activities. Your time with Aetna’s Internal Audit qualifies for most state’s CPA experience requirements. The Audit Consultant will be a key member of the Internal Audit Direct Assistance team and will participate in the execution of audit procedures in partnership with the External Auditor. As an Audit Consultant, you will be responsible for basic auditing tasks under the supervision of more experienced auditors including: assisting in audit planning, executing testing procedures, preparing workpapers in adherence with methodology, researching potential audit issues, communicating audit results, identifying opportunities to enhance the process by utilizing the data analytics tool (Alteryx), and working closely with the business partners and external auditors. This job will require travel to audit locations within the U.S. roughly 0-10% of the year.|
|Key Job Responsibilities: |
• Effectively perform and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and Aetna’s audit methodology
• Execute testing and create work paper documentation
• Understand procedures, results and business impacts; and document and express such understanding in both written and verbal form
• Contribute to overall Internal Audit Department team norms to promote a positive environment and improve team effectiveness
• Maintain a current development plan reflecting a commitment to self-development as evidenced by positive performance reviews
• Perform detail testing as defined by the test program to define, analyze and validate information
• Create clear and accurate documentation and workflows of business processes and testing results and exceptions Ideal Candidate Profile: We are looking for talented individuals to help us carry out our mission to develop and execute a risk-based audit plan using an approach that requires communication and collaboration with our customers. We also seek the following:
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity, the Aetna code of conduct and respect for diversity
• Meets administrative reporting requirements and supports department initiatives
• Encourages teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
• Professional designations (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA)/advanced degrees – or measured progress in achieving, desirable
• Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical ability • Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
• A desire to learn and grow your career
• Ability to travel overnight domestically 0-10% on average required The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Required Skills: Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Creating Accountability Desired Skills: General Business - Maximizing Work Practices, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance, Leadership - Engaging and Developing People Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.