Audit Consultant (Commercial)Primary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
As an Audit Consultant, you will be responsible for basic auditing tasks including: developing audit objectives, documenting and evaluating critical controls and implementing audit tests under the supervision of more experienced auditors. You will work with various levels of business management that will challenge and develop your communication skills (meeting management and written communication). This job will require travel to audit locations within the U.S. roughly 10 - 25% of the year.
70879Fundamental Components: Key Job Responsibilities:
• Effectively perform and document audit activities in accordance with professional standards and Aetna’s audit methodology
• Execute testing and create work paper documentation
• Understand procedures, results and business impacts; and document and express such understanding in both written and verbal form
• Contribute to overall Internal Audit Department team norms to promote a positive environment and improve team effectiveness
• Maintain a current development plan reflecting a commitment to self-development as evidenced by positive performance reviews
• Perform detail testing as defined by the test program to define, analyze and validate information
• Create clear and accurate documentation and workflows of business processes and testing results and exceptions Ideal
• We are looking for talented individuals to help us carry out our mission to develop and execute a risk-based audit plan using an approach that requires communication and collaboration with our customers.
We also seek the following:
• Demonstrates a commitment to integrity, the Aetna code of conduct and respect for diversity
• Meets administrative reporting requirements and supports department initiatives
• Encourages teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness Background Experience: Skill or Experience Requirements:
• 0-3 years audit or related business experience (preferably within Health Insurance or related fields)
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
• Professional designations (i.e., CPA, CIA, CISA)/advanced degrees – or measured progress in achieving, desirable
• Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical ability
• Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills
• A desire to learn and grow your career
• Ability to travel overnight domestically 10 - 25% on average required
• The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Clinical Licensure: N/A Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 10 - 25% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.