Associate Sales ExecutivePrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Serve as a cross-functional liaison between Aetna International’s Sales, Underwriting, Sales Support, Product and Legal partners on new business opportunities.
- Identify various ways to partner with new clients by drawing from entire spectrum of product line, illustrating a keen understanding of client’s needs and benefits of Aetna International.
- Gather data necessary for new business quotes, including, but not limited to: competitor plan designs, claim history, client census files, current and renewal rates. Also research prospective clients to validate their headquarter location and SIC industry code.
- Review broker licensing and appointment status for compliance.
- Strategize with Sales partners and create plan designs to fit the need of each prospective client. This also includes completing requested plan changes to achieve certain pricing goals or abide by plan restrictions and mandates.
- Submit non-standard plan design requests to Aetna International’s Product team for review.
- Use Aetna International’s quoting tools to submit custom quotes or perform standard field quotes to generate proposals for prospective clients.
- Communicate with Sales representatives and Brokers on missing or requested additional information for quoting purposes.
- Assist with case implementation by generating sold case paperwork and commission form completion. May be required to participate in implementation calls to assist Sales with account structure and setup.
- May be required to participate in entry level sales training and assist on projects for a book of business.
- Provide coverage for Sales representatives when they are out in the field.
- 1+ years RFP project management and/or sales support experience required.
- Previous medical insurance industry or sales experience preferred.
- Must be organized and efficient, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment.
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment and be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand Aetna International’s multiple product offerings, and how the quote process may differ for each one.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.