Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Associate IT Project ManagerPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Responsible for leading, planning and managing a project team with limited, local scope or sub-components of a larger project to accomplish project objectives.
- Ensures that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality.
- Leads a matrixed team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating the efforts of internal project team members.
- Ensures that team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality.
- Works with advisers from key functional areas (e.g., Legal, Audit, HR, Tax, Procurement) to understand potential project impact on the organization, align project work, and execute activities accordingly.
- Manages all key project governance documents, such as the Project Charter, Work Plan, Communications Plan, and Risk Mitigation Strategy.
- Manages to the project budget, and reports project cost information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages the effective utilization of resources assigned to the project team, and communicates resource capacity and shortages to the Resource Allocation Director.
- Coordinates utilization of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist in the identification, validation, and resolution of business system needs.
- Acts as the liaison between project team members, Project Manager, Program Manager and/or the Portfolio Manager to ensure that expectations and objectives are clearly understood by all parties, and to communicate project information including the status of deliverables, scope changes, and issues.
- Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks such as scope and/or budget variances.
- Manages the scope of the project, and ensures that scope changes are reviewed and approved by the Portfolio Manager and Business Sponsor where appropriate.
- Evaluates project activities utilizing quality measurements and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that deliverables meet or exceed expectations and integrate with overall project effort.
- Monitors and reports tangible and intangible benefits, and conducts team and individual end-of-project performance reviews.
- Updates the Resource Management Tool upon project completion to document the experience gained and skill set developed for project team members.
- Adheres to APS project management methodology by leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools, capturing best practices, and identifying areas for process improvement.
- Monitors and holds project resources accountable for meeting performance metrics.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.