Associate CounselPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
**Position can be located in Hartford CT or Chicago IL preferably**
Aetna is looking for experienced candidates working in Privacy and Security in Healthcare or Finance Industry to join our dynamic legal team.
This position will support Privacy and Security Counsel in providing legal advice and recommendations for action regarding matters of complexity as well as more routine privacy and security matters. This includes but is not limited to the application of HIPAA and other state and federal laws impacting privacy of personal information and personal health information and data security.
In support of Counsel, incumbent may be responsible for
- Assisting more senior counsel with advice to and collaboration with internal clients and the Privacy Advisory Services Team on relevant legal requirements with a focus on health plan lines of business and digital
- Staying current with changes and developments in privacy and data protection laws and regulations and their impact to our lines of business
- Promoting a strategic focus on identifying trends and process improvements
- Conducting legal research, interpreting and providing advice on privacy and security laws
- Collaborating with other Counsel in the law department as a subject matter expert
- Performing special projects, as assigned
JD from ABA accredited law school. Admitted to practice law in at least one state and in good standing with all applicable bar association(s).
At least 1-4 years of post-bar experience in a law firm and/or in-house/corporate settings that includes:
Demonstrated legal acumen, drafting, and analytical skills required
Strong written and verbal communications skills required
Prior experience with federal and state laws governing health care and/or our company preferred
Experience with contract negotiation/drafting preferred
Experience with assisting on regulatory issues preferred
Adaptability to new situations and the desire to learn all aspects of the company
Basic knowledge of state and federal health benefits privacy law preferable. IT literacy desirable.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.