Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Application Support Analyst- Medical ClaimsPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Performs analysis to assess root cause of moderately complex (multiple interfaces with other systems within a single business unit) customer issues for reported system defects and control deficiencies found from system audits.
- This includes the recreating of the problem and managing the issues to closure.
- Conducts interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive solutions to system issues.
- Documents business impact of system issue.
- Develops and communicates effective short term workaround procedures to address system issues.
- Assists with the management and resolution of unplanned hard system outages.
- Contributes to the communication process to impacted customers and internal management personnel
- Documents, tracks, and resolves issues related to data quality
- May assist in the development of Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities
- Support business area operations/functions by setting up /modifying / maintaining simple to complex system operating parameters by designing and configuring business rule table entries, and/or complex macros/automated scripts.
- Provides day to day support of these items to insure they work properly (including the application of appropriate QA procedures) and to quickly fix any identified defects.
- Completes activities on time and within Standard Level Agreements and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize delivery dates or budget to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Exhibits behaviors outlined in Employee Competencies.
- Determines root cause analysis of system issues.
- Coordinates with peers to analyze issue and provide end to end resolutions.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- 2-4 years work experience that reflects a proven track record or proficiency in the competencies noted.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.