Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Application Software Delivery Advisor - 71281BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Aetna, CVS Health continues to be a leader in building a stronger, more effective health care system. The Application Software Delivery team plays a significant role in this transformation by their technical contribution in the design of new applications or enhancements including integration of purchased solutions.
71281Fundamental Components: Leads or acts as chief technical contributor to translation of business requirements technical specifications of new applications or enhancements including integration.ecifications
Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
Is fully familiar and compliant with the efficient utilization of the prescribed methodologies and ensures compliance for the work of all aligned resources.
Oversees or performs unit testing. May perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems.
May assist business partners with User Acceptance Testing. With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications. Supports and promotes there use of assets across the organization.
May lead or act as a subject matter expert for projects and/or service requests impacting an application or set of applications.
Serves as team leader to direct technical activities, while also providing support for small and large highly complex projects that require increased skill across multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that integrate across the organization.
Receives some supervision and direction as regards prioritization of work but is competent to work independently and to offer direction and oversight to assigned team.
- 6+ years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Understand the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
- Restful Service Development preferably using IBM Integration Bus (IIB) V9 / V10 or Spring Boot
- IBM WebSphere Message Queue
- Event based processing
- Web Application Development
- Mark Logic
- SAFe Methodology
- Day to Day coordination with onshore and offshore teams for code delivery and integration
- Work with Business team for requirements analysis.
- Preparation of interface specifications document for Design
- Guidance to teams for development
- Reviews and quality gate for solution artifacts, code delivery and testing process
- Coordinates Production deployment for signed off code
- Troubleshoot various issues related to code and configuration in Production and non-Production environments.
- Provide guidance and help to resolve any system related issues
- Understanding and guiding team on new trends, initiatives, best practices both from business and technical standpoint.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.