Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Application Software Delivery Advisor - 70393BRPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, MA-Burlington, PA-Blue Bell Apply
- Leads or acts as chief technical contributor for translation of business requirements to technical specifications, application design and improvement.
- Works closely with technical partners to coordinate and plan ongoing and scheduled system maintenance activities
- Assist other team members who perform ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and support tasks for existing systems.
- Anticipate, analyze, and react to the impact changes to technology and/or products may have on the business and the computing environment.
- Independently supports the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
- May set direction for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications.
- Acts as a knowledge source for identifying Aetna and individual application development standards.
- Evaluate and identify issues and constraints pertaining to technology approach; coordinate evaluation of solutions to insure alignment to Aetna technology standards (such as security, database, etc.)
- Ensures technology remains at current levels for enterprise tools and operational upgrades.
- 8 years’ experience in application program development in all phases of the systems development life cycle to include support packages and product technology evaluations.
- 6 years’ experience of task or team leadership in systems analysis and program development.
- Basic understanding of vendor contract stipulations for outsourcing agreements.
- Aware of emerging technologies and able to evaluate for appropriate use
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna, a CVS Health Company’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.