Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Application DeveloperPrimary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Independently designs and/or codes efficient, cost effective application program solutions (develops new and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- With limited direction, translates business requirements to technical specifications.
- Creates technical designs for a new application or enhancements, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Performs ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on- call support, according to defined plans or documentation for existing systems.
- Is fully familiar with the prescribed methodology and is in strict compliance with all required artifacts.
- Independently performs unit testing. May perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems. May assist business partners with User Acceptance Testing.
- Independently supports processes related to the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Independently supports the Code Asset Management process. Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across the organization.
- Independently works on multiple projects and/or SRs and actively participates as a member of each project team supporting an application or set of applications. Independently works on small and large moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that may integrate across the organization. Receives some supervision and direction.
- 4+ years’ experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise working with Java
- Capable of recognizing how impacts to business process or requirements would translate to necessary application changes to an application or set of applications and has a basic understanding of interfacing systems.
- Expertise in one or more programming language, development tools, and/or databases and the systems development life cycle, applicable to development organization.
- 2-4+ years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.