Application Developer (SQL/SAS)Primary Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
Position is within Medicare Finance.
*Note: Interested candidates must be legally eligible to work for any US employer & not require visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future.
We are looking for a candidate who is an experienced application developer, finds it fulfilling to understand data models, data connections and the flow of information.
Part of team involved in compliance related work.
- Candidate needs to be an experienced SAS developer with exposure to work with complicated requirements and across multiple platforms.
- Candidate will also continue supporting the developed code as part of a team supporting business needs/changes/ error analysis.
- Should have the basic knowledge of working with multiple data environments, maintaining stable code base, conducting thorough self testing of code.
- Candidate will be working independently and should be a self-driven , enthusiastic to learn about new processes and work on new requirements.
- Be able to show time management between new requirements and ongoing needs
- 4-6 years experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Expertise in one or more programming language, development tools, and/or databases and the systems development life cycle, applicable to development organization.
- 4-6 years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with application development support software packages.
- Understand the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Information Technology/SAS Base Programming Certification for SAS 9 is desired
Functional - Information Technology/Data / info management & architecture/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application maintenance & support/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Research/4-6 Years
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
Technology/Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture/FOUNDATION
Technology/Developing Software Solutions/ADVANCED
General Business/Communicating for Impact/FOUNDATION
General Business/Ensuring Project Discipline/ADVANCED
Option for telework will be evaluated after a certain period of employment
Telework considered only for unique circumstances
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.