Accounting/Financial Reporting Manager - 68366BRPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
- Lead the balance sheet/cash flow forecasting production activities including utilization of the cash flow Hyperion system ensuring proper consolidation and timely and accurate variance analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of the new Hyperion cash flow system including working with IT on design revisions, new accounts, adjustments to structure, updating webforms as needed, etc.
- Prepare account analysis, drill downs and roll-forwards to help identify unusual balance sheet and resulting cash flow results, trends, issues, etc. Work with appropriate responsible parties (i.e., actuaries, segment finance, department managers, etc.) to resolve.
- Responsible for various other elements of the monthly financial GAAP close process including: review and distribution of the consolidated financial statements, recording/reviewing of consolidating journal entries, maintenance and reconciliation of financial systems, analysis of outcomes versus expectations and investigation of variances, etc.
- Identify and support the implementation of new reporting and disclosure requirements as directed by CVS/SEC/Policy departments.
- Facilitate the completion of annual GAAP financial statement audits, quarterly reviews and SOX compliance documentation reviews.
- Support and/or implement change so as to create efficiencies, improve processes, comply with new or revised reporting requirements, etc. (e.g., improved management information requirements, financial information systems, financial planning and analysis tools, new products and services, internal control enhancements).
- Lead various projects and initiatives including improved general ledger financial reporting (COA Optimization), new consolidation and general ledger system (Backbone), new cash flow forecast system (CFF Hyperion), automation of Balance Sheet Reporting Package and drilldowns/automated feeds (FAST Revised), internal control enhancements and ongoing integration activities.
- Provide accurate, timely and insightful analysis in response to ad hoc management requests and issues.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance or relevant positions
- Job experience in related field or CPA designation preferred
- Knowledge of balance sheet/cash flow financial reporting and closing cycle
- Familiarity with maintaining financial systems and structures
- Oracle, Hyperion and/or SAP experience preferred
- Process improvement experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Organized team player who works collaboratively within work teams
- Effective problem solving and communication skills
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.