ABX Lead Business ConsultantPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford Apply
toward the implementation of business transformations to achieve operational excellence, employee engagement, cost reduction and customer satisfaction.
- Leads large cross functional large-scale initiatives with high degree of complexity, using disciplined, repeatable ABX (Achieving Business Excellence) methodology and standards.
- Drives planning, logistics and overall project management of initiatives, performs diagnostics for initiatives with focus on data collection and analysis, provides project implementation and execution that leads to repeatable sustained results.
- Develops and delivers all required analysis, reporting and presentation materials related to ABX initiatives; following standards.
- Provides leadership, tactical support and influences project stakeholders & teams in developing lean solutions for medium to large projects.
- Develops metrics and tracking mechanisms for business processes as part of projects, integrates baseline and metrics tracking into initiative planning, implementation and sustainment.
- Proactively identifies gaps / opportunities for improvement within processes or organization, leads structured problem solving and influences business area leaders, manager(s) and associates to implement solutions.
- Drives ABX engagement process and builds optimal influential relationships with business area leaders / managers in order to achieve results and deliverables.
- Drives transfer of CI knowledge, ABX standards, established practices (external and internal), and ABX methodology and tools.
- Leads and facilitates working sessions, delivers training as part of projects and for ABX competency building (e.g. YB training, Change Management, etc.).
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance measures are met within global guidelines when designing and implementing change.
- Required: 8-12+ years developing and supporting cross-functional initiatives that improve operational and cost efficiency.
- Business process value stream experience is a plus
- Required: Demonstrated experience in crafting business solutions with experience in planning, assessing and implementing change
- Required: Must have strong analytical skills with six sigma/operations background.
- Required: Experience with strategic enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity.
- Required: Solid business acumen accompanied by interpersonal savvy and team oriented leadership skills
- Required: Strong Communication, Consulting and Negotiation skills
8-12+ yrs experience with several of the following methodologies: Six Sigma, management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, data analysis, quality
management, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting, organizational redesign.
- Deep working knowledge on Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and tools including Value Stream Design, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Standard Work, Visual management, Process mapping and Change Management and Project Management tools
- Deep working knowledge of critical system / technology tools including Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Understanding of Aetna Business Operating Model and operational knowledge of the business alignment to it
- Critical consulting skills include customer focus, relationship building, leading without authority, flexibility, listening & translating and collaboration / teamwork
- Critical Leadership skills include Decision making, consensus building, motivating others and giving & accepting feedback
- Ability to facilitate events / working sessions with multiple stakeholders
- Professionalism and organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and flex to meet the work demand
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.