Senior ConsultantPrimary Location: Harrisburg, PA
Additional Locations: PA-Harrisburg Apply
- Provides project management support for technical projects from inception to the release, managing every aspect or the small and medium scale projects.
- Works closely with the technical and business experts.
- Manage expectations of various levels of management.
- Researches, manipulates and prepares complex data to document program activities and reports on its results.
- Provides oversight to data quality and provides feedback to various areas in order to improve service delivery and enhancement efforts.
- Develops a consultative relationship with internal customers.
- Leads or acts as a business technical expert in the design of new applications or enhancements including integration of solutions.
- Lead or act as a business technical expert with the planning, development and validation of master or detail test plans and strategies.
- Performs ongoing research, and support tasks for existing systems.
- Influences enhancements to business processes and system infrastructure to improve data quality availability and access.
- Translates complex data into constructive data and information and makes recommendations.
- Consults with customers on a regular basis to ensure progress is in line with customer's expectations and to obtain additional information as needed.
- Illustrates complex information in a clear concise manner.
- Provides workgroup support on projects.
- Project management and leadership experience required
- 3-5 years of data interpretation and analysis experience
- Extensive experience managing projects with multiple dependencies
- Healthcare background/Industry experience is a plus
- Must have experience with Windows OS and MS Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt required, PMP preferred
Extensive experience managing projects with multiple dependencies.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Functional - Project Management/Project Manager/4-6 Years
Functional - Network Management/Provider data services/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Management/Business information analysis/1-3 Years
Functional - Information Management/Applied research and statistical analysis/1-3 Years
Technical - Aetna Applications/Enterprise Provider Database System/4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Visio/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Project/1-3 Years/End User
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/ADVANCED
General Business/Communicating for Impact/MASTERY
General Business/Turning Data into Information/MASTERY
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/ADVANCED
Service/Demonstrating Service Discipline/ADVANCED
Required Skills: General Business - Applying Reasoned Judgment, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Leadership - Creating Accountability Desired Skills: General Business - Turning Data into Information, Leadership - Anticipating and Innovating, Leadership - Collaborating for Results Education: Project Management - Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management - Six Sigma Certification: Yellow Belt Potential Telework Position: Yes Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.