Director of Finance- 66223BRPrimary Location: Hartford, CT
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, PA-Harrisburg Apply
The Financial Director will be responsible for compliance, reporting and analysis related to Medicare ACA regulations, specifically the minimum loss ratio (MLR) regulations. This position will also lead efforts to drive best practices within the organization and maintain appropriate and effective strategic and financial decision-making processes. This position manages two finance direct reports. The Director is accountable for the effective implementation and execution of all functions that support compliance, financial and strategic implications of the regulations.
- Direct the analysis, quantification and reporting of minimum loss ratio impacts and activities
- Accountable for the effective implementation, execution and monitoring of financial functions that support the regulations and associated company strategies and actions
- Participates in or leads projects that impact many financial and functional (non-financial) disciplines of the company
- Implements a solid management process for communicating and executing related strategies
- Partners with business unit leaders to execute short and long-range actions and initiatives and leads execution across various departments
- 5-10 years financial management experience including strategic and business planning, accounting and financial analysis.
- Project management experience a plus, including leading project teams.
- Experience in healthcare, managed care insurance or financial services preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Finance or Accounting degree required.
- Advanced degree in Business and/or FSA/CPA preferred.
- Finance - Financial analysis
- Finance - Financial reporting and analysis
- Aetna Application - Enterprise Contact Repository
- Database - SQL Server
- Desktop Tool - TE Microsoft Excel
- General Business - Communicating for Impact
- General Business - Consulting for Solutions
- General Business - Demonstrating Business and Industry Acumen
- Finance - Delivering Profit and Performance
- Finance - Profit and Quality Vigilance
- Influence areas outside of direct control.
- Comprehensive business knowledge
- Competitor knowledge.
- Healthcare knowledge.
- Aetna business knowledge (outside department business).
- PC skills in Excel, Access.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.