Customer Service Representative
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness, focusing on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit. Our customer service and claim teams provide a human connection when it’s needed most and are essential to turning our member’s health ambitions, big and small, into achievements. Your role will include processing claims and helping members, doctors, and companies better understand our products and services. You will be an advocate for our member’s best health by helping them get the most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: No
Aetna’s minimum starting salary is $16/hr.
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Good listener
- Problem Solver
- Quick thinking
Paid Time Off & Disability
Aetna’s Social Compact
Our commitment to improve wages and medical benefits.
Customer Service Representative Quotes
You really are invested in the member… you have to be their advocate.Damon H., Senior Health Concierge Customer Service Representative
I’m very excited about the common purpose [Advocate for our members’ best health by helping get them most from their benefits, building trust and always providing a clear path to care], in the first day of training all the leaders came in and explained it. As soon as they got done talking I knew this was the company for me.Emily E., Customer Service Representative
Customer Service RepresentativePrimary Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: PA-Harrisburg Apply
- Supports comprehensive coordination of medical services including intake, screening and referrals to Aetna Medical Service Programs.
- Promotes/supports quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services within a structured high volume Call Center environment.
- Provide comprehensive healthcare management to facilitate delivery of appropriate quality healthcare, promote cost effective outcomes and improve program/operational efficiency involving clinical issues.
- Experience in a fast paced high volume inbound call center and strong customer services skills are required.
- Ability to understand and articulate clinical documentation and notes.
- Medical terminology is preferred. Strong computer skills, experience in a Windows based environment and the ability to use multiple systems simultaneously to search out information.
- Excellent attendance & punctuality is essential.
- Ability to problem solve and independently deescalate difficult calls by recognizing/investigating the issue and asking the appropriate questions.
- Ability to adapt to change and be comfortable in a fast paced structured environment.
- Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and concepts used in care management.
- Strong customer service skills to coordinate service delivery including attention to customers, sensitivity to issues, proactive identification and resolution of issues to promote positive outcomes for members.
- Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
Aetna has been named to Fortune’s 2018 World’s Most Admired Companies list. The company was ranked No. 4 in the “Health Care: Insurance and Managed Care” category.
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Customer Service Rep Fort Wayne, Indiana, Omaha, Nebraska
- Service Coordination Associate Topeka, Kansas
- Executive Director, Mental Wellbeing Member Experience Fresno, California, Jacksonville, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, Dallas, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, Hartford, Connecticut
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.