Behavioral Health SpecialistPrimary Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Additional Locations: PA-Harrisburg Apply
We are building an exciting new clinical and member experience program at Aetna. Aetna Community Care is a member centric, team-delivered, community based care management model that joins members where they are.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible for leading and implementing behavioral health support, strategies and interventions for high risk Commercial and Medicare members in the Aetna Community Care Program. The Behavioral Health Specialist works within an Interdisciplinary Care Team, and is an expert resource for clinical staff and others. The Behavioral Health Specialist works directly with members, providers and the health care plans behavioral health staff and delivers an integrated medical- behavioral care model that supports holistic member centered care along the health continuum.
- Provides expert BH consultative guidance, conducts ICT reviews, and provides education and resources to clinical staff and members.
- Contributes to the holistic assessment and evaluation of members BH needs, to assure an integrated medical-behavioral plan of care.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Care Team and collaborates with healthcare team to align BH interventions with problems, care plans, goals and interventions.
- Documents all assessments, and notes in the Med Compass System.
- Evaluates the plan of care and effectiveness and outcomes of BH interventions and modifies, as needed goal attainment, will add new goals or update current ones in the care plan for the Member.
- Leverages community services, community resources to support members BH plan of care and well-being.
- Provides additional resources to the Program Manager for inclusion the Community Resource Directory.
- Coordinates and or Co-Manages with Aetna Behavioral Health and Beacon Health to maximize effective utilization of health plan benefits and network providers.
- Confers with Members BH providers to gain clarity on the prescribed treatment plan, in order to support member adherence.
- Analyzes and applies pertinent data, metrics and reports to monitor and enhance quality, productivity, & assure adherence to policy and procedures.
- Adheres to protocols and processes in compliance with regulatory guidelines and company policies and procedures as outlined in our approved processes.
- Identifies/escalates member safety & quality of care issues through established channels that are in accordance with the Procedure, Conduct and Safety for Face to Face Visits, by using the same chain of command for reporting emergency situations.
- Documents all communications through Case Logs, Case Notes & Care Plan ,with Members in the Med Compass System and adheres to documentation policies of within 24 hrs of member contact.
- Provides data, and other case information as requested by the Program Manager and other Senior Members of the Leadership Team.
- Responds to Program Manager and other members on the Senior Leadership team upon request.
- Utilizes SharePoint to access all training and program guidances for Aetna Community Care.
Background/ Experience Desired:
- Minimum of 3 years of direct clinical practice experience post Masters degree required
- Experience working with adult populations, e.g., community, public health, hospital setting, alternative care setting such as home health or ambulatory care required
- Local travel may be required
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of managed care, payer requirements and network services for target population to maximize benefit to member overall well-being
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively within an inter-disciplinary team model
- Crisis intervention skills preferred
- Managed care experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or Creole) preferred
The minimum level of education required for candidates in this position is a Masters degree
Active Behavioral health professional license (LCSW, LMHC, or Psychologist or Psychiatric Registered Nurse with a Master's degree) required and in good standing. Licensed in state of PA and NJ.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
58748Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.