Account CoordinatorPrimary Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Additional Locations: MI-Grand Rapids Apply
- Performing all of the functions required to fulfill regulatory and client expectations on behalf of the COBRA, Retiree, and/or Leave of Absent participants. Provide client and customer service support to beneficiaries, clients and internal customers. Maintain current knowledge of required regulations.
- Manage participantinquiries regarding COBRA, LOA and Retiree Billing
- Maintainparticipantdemographic and enrollment data in the billing and bswiftsystems, ensuringthe two systems remain in sync.
- Receive and processenrollments,ensuring the proper allocation of payments and thecompliant and timelymailing of participant communications
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude whenhandling escalationsfrom customers with complex questions, problems or whoare irate
- Workclosely withthe Account Manager to prepare employee and employercommunication documents,such as participant statements and reports
- Identify, verify, and process subsidies and severances from a member level
- Identify and report unusual activity – such as higher thannormal qualifyingevent volume or trends in participant questions
- Receive and manipulate, when needed, new qualifying event data files, import to billing system and generate appropriate output. Verify output and system updates are accurate
- Assist withad hocclient projects as needed and assigned; be a positiveinfluence and strong teammember, offering to help others and seeking assistancewhen required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
- Strong organizational skills. 3-5 years of data interpretation and analysis experience.
- Basic programming skills (e.g., to run extracts).
- Healthcare background.
- Demonstrated skill in data gathering, interpretation & data presentation.
- Familiarity with databases and comfortable generating reports High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Technical certification or equivalent work experience.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.