Account Coordinator-COBRA and Direct BillingPrimary Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Additional Locations: MI-Grand Rapids Apply
The Account Coordinator is responsible for performing all of the functions required to fulfill regulatory and client expectations on behalf of the COBRA, Retiree, and/or Leave of Absent participants. Provide client and customer service support to beneficiaries, clients and internal customers. Maintain current knowledge of required regulations.
1. Receive and manipulate, when needed, new qualifying event data files, import to billing system and generate appropriate output
2. Verify output and system updates are accurate
3. LOA and Retiree Billing
4. Verify subsidy and severance
5. Resolve member case Tickets
6. Create and manage IT Tickets
7. Receive and process COBRA and Retiree enrollments, ensuring the proper allocation of payments and the compliant and timely mailing of participant communications
8. Maintain participant demographic and enrollment data in the billing and bswift systems, ensuring the two systems remain in sync.
9. Manage and resolve participant inquiries (Phone, emails, mail, fax, case tickets)
10. Maintain a positive and professional attitude when handling escalations from customers with complex questions, problems or who are irate
11. Identify and report unusual activity such as higher than normal qualifying event volume or trends in participant questions
12. Work closely with the Account Manager to prepare employee and employer communication documents, such as participant statements and/or reports
13. Assist with ad hoc client projects as needed and assigned; be a positive influence and strong team member, offering to help others and seeking assistance when required
1-3 years of data interpretation and analysis experience is REQURED.
MS Excel experience is required.
Extensive experience with databases as well interpretation and manipulation of related data.
Healthcare background is preferred.
Strong organizational skills and attention to details
Knowledge of all types of managed care products
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
- Senior Business Analyst Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- OH / TX DSNP Medicare Provider Relations New Albany, Ohio
- Case Management Coordinator Mental Behavioral Health Richmond, Virginia
- Case Manager (RN) Registered Nurse High Point, North Carolina
- Senior Business Analyst New Albany, Ohio
- Medical Director (KS MCD LTSS Clinical Officer MD) Overland Park, Kansas
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.