At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As an underwriter, you’ll provide valuable, ongoing financial insights for corporate clients and determine accurate and competitive rates and fees for new and renewal business. We’ll count on you to negotiate rates that meet our customer’s financial needs while delivering high-quality products, claims projections, funding evaluations and financial accounting packages. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful underwriter? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off & Disability
Underwriting SupervisorPrimary Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Additional Locations: TN-Franklin Apply
69208Fundamental Components: Manages workflow within unit and directs changing priorities to meet deliverables. Ensures timely completion of underwriting activities, including casework reviews, assisting team with inquiries, and collecting missing information. Analyzes trends and influence the development and implementation of medical underwriting procedures, workflows, guidelines and claim risk criteria. Develops a strong unit through effective performance management and sharing of expertise. Responsible for manager activities related to staffing, talent management, training and development. Reviews customer specific documents, deliverables and account related information produced by the team for accuracy and quality. Manages process improvement initiatives to increase productivity, accuracy, and/or customer service. Influences tool development. Takes accountability for achieving and implementing required changes. Understands, applies, and explains company services, product standards and underwriting policies relative to unit’s responsibilities. Uses knowledge of competition to evaluate and minimize risk while maximizing profitability. Background Experience:
- Underwriting Experience is required
- Leadership/Management/Supervisor experience required
- Healthcare knowledge is preferred
- Experience in building strong cross-functional relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Experience in anticipating customer needs and requirements as well as facilitating and negotiating using tact and diplomacy. Demonstrated leadership that fosters and supports a strong team of individual contributors.
- 6 - 8 years’ experience in all types of pricing methodologies, funding arrangements and/or accounting process with extensive knowledge of the Aetna systems supporting those products and rating methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Travel may be required.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company Leadership
Meet the Aetna, a CVS Health Company executives who are helping to transform health care locally, nationally, and around the globe
Take a Look
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.