Product & Regulatory Approvals ConsultantPrimary Location: Franklin, TN
Additional Locations: TN-Franklin Apply
- Develop, submit and negotiate timely approval of high-quality regulatory filings that comply with state and federal regulatory requirements and meet business expectations and needs
- Facilitate approvals and expedite resolution of issues pertaining to product, licensing and legislative filing; proactively manage relationships with business clients and regulators by providing timely follow-up and response; negotiate and resolve business compliance conflicts and product changes to achieve business objectives; obtain regulatory approvals within aggressive timelines
- Effectively manage multiple filings and projects to ensure that filings and projects reflect P&RA and business priorities and meet P&RA metrics.
- Provide early alerts to management when deadlines are in jeopardy
- Build, maintain and promote positive and effective working relationships with state/federal regulators and internal clients and insurance groups
- Work closely with attorneys and compliance staff to promote and enforce compliance and state/federal laws and regulations and implementation of risk management policies
- Effectively use P&RA filing and reporting systems
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and improve efficiencies within P&RA
- Adhere to regulatory and internal filing requirements and procedures
- Seek additional work across the P&RA teams and look to take on more challenging assignments
- Prepare, secure and maintain health plan certifications, licenses and agreements with regulatory agencies
- Act with professionalism and demonstrate high personal standards of performance and integrity; complete and promote compliance training and policies; serve as a creditable resource to constituents
- Exhibit behaviors outlined in Product & Regulatory Approvals Consultant Competencies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to navigate multiple software environments/technically savvy
- Strong project management skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and proven ability to work both independently and on a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with different audiences
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry and regulatory environment, including in-depth knowledge of Aetna products, services, business units and administrative procedures.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree.
- Paralegal certificate beneficial.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.