Life Claim ProcessorPrimary Location: Franklin, TN
Additional Locations: TN-Franklin Apply
- Manages/adjudicates a wide range of assigned Life and AD&D claims, (including adverse claims and complex AD&D) independently, seeking guidance and direction for more complex claims in accordance with the terms of the contracts.
- Has responsibility for constituent satisfaction according to Aetna policies and practices.
- Performs detailed analysis and documentation of claim data to direct effective outcome.
- Coordinates investigations with consultant, interprets insurance contracts to determine Aetna's liability.
- Determines claimant's eligibility and qualification for benefits and extent of dismemberment.
- Interprets insurance contract to determine Aetna's liability.
- Ensures compliance with contract provisions and state/federal regulations.
- Effectively uses outside vendors to obtain information according to guidelines.
- Independently prepares all claim denials with review from Consultant or Manager.
- Makes accurate claim decisions in accordance with the terms of the contracts.
- Responds to claim and account inquiries from claimants, policyholders and other interested parties and creatively resolves issues through effective verbal and written communication and by involving appropriate people within or outside Aetna.Contributes new ideas and concepts in a constantly changing environment.
1-3 year experience Claim Processing
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience. Additional Job Information: Strong math aptitude.Proven analytical ability.Strong verbal and written communication skills. Clinical Licensure: N/A Potential Telework Position: No Percent of Travel Required: 0 - 10% EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Benefit Eligibility: Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Candidate Privacy Information: Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.