At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As an underwriter, you’ll provide valuable, ongoing financial insights for corporate clients and determine accurate and competitive rates and fees for new and renewal business. We’ll count on you to negotiate rates that meet our customer’s financial needs while delivering high-quality products, claims projections, funding evaluations and financial accounting packages. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful underwriter? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off & Disability
Underwriting Consultant, FarnboroughPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Underwriting Consultant - Farnborough, Hampshire
As part of the Central Underwriting team, this role will be reviewing case referrals from regional Underwriting teams that exceed their regional authority, providing approval on quotations, analysing data, preparing reports and performing case audits.
Your typical day will include:
• Review the Large Group IPMI pricing files referred to Central Underwriting that exceed the regional Underwriting authority levels. Provide approval through the Central Underwriting inbox. Experience of Large Group pricing is essential.
• Review and provide approval on SME IPMI referrals that exceed regional Underwriting authority.
• Review Individual cases that exceed the regional premium authority.
• Review and maintain tracking files to ensure the data triggers match with case referrals in Central Underwriting inbox.
• Audit case files in accordance with the Underwriting Audit processes. Monthly review of sample cases, providing an audit summary for each case.
• Report key outcomes and prepare management actions to address any audit findings as necessary.
• Liaise with the internal Audit team to develop Underwriting audit processes as required.
• Provide a summary of Central Underwriting referrals and turnaround times.
• Update renewal and referral tracking daily.
• Assist with process testing, Underwriting quote tool development and other Central Underwriting projects as required.
You’re likely already part of a Global Medical Underwriting team and ready for your next career move. You'll bring the following to the role:
• Experience in Large Group IMPI pricing
• sound analytical and organisational skills and will be an excellent communicator (written and verbal), with the ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships with our Sales team and internal departments.
• proven track record of coordinating common practices, processes and templates across an internal structure.
• exposure to managing projects and leading project teams and delivering presentations.
• Degree (preferably Mathematics or Finance related) or equivalent experience.
Aetna International is one of the industry’s largest and most prominent international health benefit providers. By delivering comprehensive health benefits and population health management solutions worldwide, we are committed to helping create a stronger, healthier global community.
As part of CVS Health we are a Fortune 4 Company with over 295,000 employees across the globe; helping consumers on their path to better health.
Our award-winning expatriate business provides health benefits to more than 800,000 members worldwide. In addition, we have helped develop world-class health systems for governments, corporations and providers around the world.
58895Potential Telework Position: No
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
- Supervisor Claims San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Account Manager Chicago, Illinois
- Director Network Management and Provider Experience (60271BR) San Diego, California
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.