Supervisor, FinancePrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Support Aetna's ability to achieve its financial and strategic goals through effective support of financial closing, balance sheet reporting and production of relevant management reporting. Direction is to provide financial analysis and recommendations in support of management’s evaluation of strategic and business initiatives.
Supervisory position leading a large team of financial administrators tasked to ensure the smooth processing, operating & reporting of claims payments. Will serve as the subject matter expert for the unit, including participation & occasionally leading special projects & ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
The successful applicant must demonstrate leadership qualities including but not limited to implementing development & succession plans, mentoring and guiding the team and demonstrating collaboration qualities throughout what they do.
• Provide data and analysis to support the unit's mission. (*)
• Assist with analysis of key components of financial results and address questions as needed. (*)
• Communicate results to local and regional management. (*)
• Support financial information requests from senior management. (*)
• Analyse new reporting methods and revise unit processes as needed to provide more meaningful and timely analysis/reporting for senior management. (*)
• Streamline processes for efficiency and identify cost savings opportunities within defined scope. (*)
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the unit participating in and sometimes leading special projects and ad hoc reporting requests as needed. (*)
• Manage Financial Administrators by overseeing staff development, providing career path guidance, and delivering performance evaluations. (*)
• Oversee and direct unit workload/priorities. Ensure clear unit accountabilities exist. (*)
• Through sharing technical expertise in functional area, provide guidance and training to less experienced staff members. (*)
Supervisory experience and a relevant degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrates leadership.
• Influence people within areas of responsibility.
• Aetna business and Finance knowledge
• PC skills in Excel, Access.
• Ability to manipulate large amount of data into concise analytical reports.
64312Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.