Senior VBA Application DeveloperPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Your day to day:
- Independently designs and/or codes and may lead others in the development of cost effective application and program solutions.
- Leads or acts as chief technical contributor to translation of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Leads or acts as a technical contributor in the design of new applications or enhancements including integration of purchased solutions.
- Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Oversees or performs unit testing.
- May perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems.
- May coordinate business partners in User Acceptance Testing.
- With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production, including integration of purchased solutions.
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications.
- May lead or act as a subject matter expert for projects and/or service requests impacting an application or set of applications.
- Serves as team leader to direct technical activities, while also providing support for small and large highly complex projects that require increased skill across multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that integrate across the organization.
- Receives some supervision and direction as regards prioritization of work but is competent to work independently and to offer direction and oversight to assigned team.
- Technical spec: strong VBA is essential alongside experience in MS Access databases – supporting or developing and SQL Server experience
- Expertise in one or more programming language (including VBA), development tools, and/or databases and the systems development life cycle, applicable to development organization.
- Experience within a regulated environment e.g. financial services or insurance (e.g. Health, Life Assurance, Property, Casualty)
- Familiar with navigating international matrixed environments; working collaboratively with colleagues from across our Rest of World (non US) global offices.
- Experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Understand the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
- Experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with application development support software packages.
- Preferably affiliated with a technical or professional organization or user group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Actuarial Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 5 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
71581EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.