Senior Financial Accounting AssistantPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
We are looking for the right talent to support the team by performing a broad range of accounting and financial tasks including clerical and administrative responsibilities to support the department’s overall objectives.
As a Senior Financial Accounting Assistant your typical day will include:
- Perform claims payment related transactions
- Record cash book transactions on electronic bank system and process cash transactions
- Balance and reconcile financial information.
- Identify Claims Recoveries
- Prepare and record journal entries in support of financial transactions.
- Identify problems and elevate them to supervisors.
- Prepare reconciliations in line with the policies and procedures pursuing outstanding items to resolution
- Assist in the training and/or provide guidance to less experienced staff
- May be responsible for the preparation, reconciliation and maintenance of schedules and analyses supporting internal management and statutory financial information and disclosures
- May provide information and assistance to facilitate the completion of annual financial audits, quarterly reviews, and regulatory financial examinations
- May prepare account analyses and roll-forwards to help identify unusual trends, accounting and internal control issues and non-standard entries. Work with appropriate responsible parties to communicate issues and resolution plans
- Maintain strong collaborative relationship with customers and internal business partners to maintain a high-performance culture.
- Provide professional, prompt, and accurate service to all internal and external customers.
- Adheres to best practices and strives for continuous improvement.
- Studying AAT or interested in commencing studies
- GCSE Math’s (4/C or above).
If you’ve held a similar role previously within Reconciliations and can demonstrate the following:
- Strong MS Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident dealing with people across seniority levels and departments
- Good use of initiative to drive analysis and information
- Collaborative team player
- Willing to learn new skills
Naturally, as part of a global Fortune 8 employer, we offer a competitive base salary, great benefits (pension, life assurance, 25 days paid holiday per year and private medical insurance (which includes active lifestyle benefits like discounted gym membership, flights and hotels, Amazon Prime, Apple watch, free Starbucks, cinema tickets and lots more).
As we’re based on the Farnborough Business Park, you might choose to spend your lunch break at a military fitness or yoga class, enjoying one of the various beauty and relaxation treatments regularly on offer (discounted fees apply) or playing table tennis in our Atrium.
We offer a free shuttle bus from Farnborough Main and North stations and into Farnborough town centre at lunchtime.
We are an ACCA approved employer (professional development) and actively promote internal career progression and development opportunities.
Aetna International, is one of the world's largest and most prominent healthcare providers, with more than 800,000 members worldwide.
Aetna offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health and as part CVS Health, we are the third largest health care benefits company in the United States with c295,000 employees worldwide
63034Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.