Senior Consultant, Internal AuditPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
As part of our small Audit team you’ll be supporting our Internal Audit plan across 15 + locations globally.
Your role will be to assist management in achieving Aetna's goals by conducting independent and objective assurance and consulting activities. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring Financial reporting, compliance, system development, fraud prevention, operational controls and policies & procedures are analysed and are consistent with the Institute of Internal Auditor's standards.
Your day to day:
Participates in the execution of complex procedures and tasks for assigned audit and compliance objectives.
Perform, in accordance with professional standards (e.g., IIA, ISACA, GAAS, GAAP, SEC, etc.), internal audit activities including:
- Review process documentation obtained during risk monitoring prior to the commencement of each assigned audit project.
- Actively participate in on-site process walkthroughs with the project team and the applicable business area being audited.
- Document understanding of the business area’s process with no guidance.
- Identify and document relevant controls that mitigate the risks identified within the business area’s process with little to no guidance.
- Perform relevant controls testing with little to no guidance.
- Document results of controls testing in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in the drafting of audit issues and audit report with guidance from the project manager.
- Conduct audit issue follow-up including reaching out to business area contacts, obtaining relevant information from the business area, testing to validate and updating documentation with guidance from the Audit Project Manager.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 – 4 years’ experience within an Internal Audit role.
- Experience within the Insurance sector (preferably health insurance) and/or Accounting practice.
- Degree in Accounting & Finance or Accountancy qualification e.g ACCA
- Professional accreditation e.g. CIA.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Mandarin or Cantonese language skills highly desirable.
- Strong project management skills and a deadline driven mindset.
64706Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.