At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As an underwriter, you’ll provide valuable, ongoing financial insights for corporate clients and determine accurate and competitive rates and fees for new and renewal business. We’ll count on you to negotiate rates that meet our customer’s financial needs while delivering high-quality products, claims projections, funding evaluations and financial accounting packages. And we’ll support you in achieving more in your life and your work.
What makes a successful underwriter? Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Problem Solver
Paid Time Off & Disability
Senior Assistant UnderwriterPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
As Senior Assistant Underwriter, your focus in this role will be the assessment and analysis of small/medium Group Medical Insurance policies and you’ll be working closely with our Sales & Account Management team.
Your ability to understand group medical underwritingrisks, to analyse historical claims and make sound decisions based on established criteria and/or risk judgments will be essential in this role as you’ll be supporting the wider Underwriting team deliver on our financial and strategic goals.
Your typical day will include the following:
- Reviews all appeals and advises management of unusual situations.
- Provides clerical support for applications throughout underwriting process
- Enters information and maintains database for analysis and reporting requirements
- Ensures all reporting required by underwriting and other business departments are both timely and accurate.
- Assists with the audit of the business development and Operations team in the office to ensure that established underwriting practices are being followed and that business production and implementation adhere to the underwriting guidelines.
- Communicates directly with related departments in relation to risk assessment.
- Assesses, prepares and distributes quotations for small and medium group business
- Reviews and sign-off verification forms for all group quotations that are directly referred to the Underwriting unit for quotation
- To keep up to date with changes in the law or the requirements of any regulatory body which may affect the conduct of the business.
- Recommend any changes to procedures that regulatory changes may require.
- To be familiar with the state of the market place in general and specifically our competitors.
What we look for….
- Experience to a high level in Microsoft Access/Excel.
- Strong numeracy qualifications.
- Some experience in the financial services sector with statistics/analytics background preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 8 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 800,000 members worldwide.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
63101EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.