Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Head of IT Application Delivery and Digital Transformation, Farnborough - 59868BRPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Head of IT Application Delivery and Digital Transformation
As our Head of IT Application Delivery and Digital Transformation you will work closely with our business leaders to understand all aspects of the International business plan.
You’ll deliver IT Applications and an end-to-end digital strategy supporting business plan objectives and in alignment with the multi-year business and IT strategies.
You’ll oversee multiple, interdependent business-sponsored IT projects that span one or more business units. In addition, you’ll be responsible for the success of the project(s), production run leadership and support, IT Security, regulatory compliance, cost optimisation, synchronization with enterprise solutions and best practices and optimisation of IT solutions across the international businesses.
About the Role
• Lead a global IT development team providing technology leadership for our international businesses
• Develop and execute a multiyear global digital IT strategy across businesses leveraging industry best practices, emerging technologies, best in class security standards and controls, broad enterprise capabilities and contracts to optimize delivery value and cost.
• Thoroughly understand the business segment's strategy and operating plan, drivers, and issues translating that into a cohesive application IT operating plan each year.
• Work closely with business leaders and across enterprise and international IT teams to deliver projects and programs spanning one or more business units and global regions.
• Partner closely with enterprise architecture, security, and infrastructure teams to maintain and enhance technologies and platforms (i.e. AI, software defined infrastructure, packaged solutions, edge computing, hosting and cloud optimisation), to continually evolve our digital solutions.
• Drive an obsessive focus on the customer experience (e.g. broker, member, plan sponsor, provider, etc.) ensuring a consistent end to end digital service experience across the business.
• Responsible for building a high performing team across development and digital teams driving staff development by providing leadership, mentoring and leading-edge technology exposure to assigned teams
• Function as a key member of the IT executive team partnering closely with all IT leaders to deliver secure, scalable, regulatory compliant, defect free solutions in line with business objectives.
• Partner with IT and business PMO’s to ensure assigned regional and global program milestones are met and project activities are completed on time/on budget through to business checkout and in alignment with Business Case assertions.
• Develop scalable IT platforms and processes to support business growth plans. Introduce revisions as appropriate to reflect changing technology and the increasing maturity of the organisation.
• Manage teams and vendors via well-defined results based KPIs with regular reviews and process performance improvement activities monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Utilize Dev-Sec-Ops experience, strong technical app-dev-testing-delivery skills, and production run expertise to optimize IT results for the international businesses.
• Identify and leverage project interdependencies to ensure synergy between connected projects within a program and to promote benefits realization across IT delivery.
• Provide comprehensive IT estimates and manages programs and projects to budget. Report program cost information in an accurate and timely manner
• Monitor vendor activity to ensure service levels are acceptable, taking action when appropriate and ensuring alignment to budget.
• Focus relentlessly on talent development building a diverse team of technology professionals with tight alignment to business strategies and operating plan objectives.
• Proactively identify efficiency and cost-saving opportunities to optimize global IT program spend and run costs.
• Build contingency plans, and execute corrective actions to mitigate risks including scope and/or budget variances
• Adhere to international IT project management methodology leveraging and promoting the use of existing tools, capturing best practices, and identifying areas for process improvement
• Manage the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Allocates staff and budget resources as needed to achieve the objectives of several concurrent projects
• Monitor and hold Project Managers accountable for meeting performance metrics, conducting regular and timely performance reviews with targeted improvement plans as needed.
You’ll be able to demonstrate deep technical IT experience in developing, delivering and supporting run operations of business solutions ideally gained within the health, financial services or related industries.
This role would suit a leader who can ideally demonstrate the following:
• Strong demonstrated Dev-sec-Ops, app-dev-testing, software security practice, cloud hosting optimization, and program delivery skills in a regulated business environment.
• Demonstrated experience leading large and small program delivery via SAFe and Agile methods.
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated expertise working with teams ranging from front line staff to Sr Executives.
• Proven ability to lead teams in broad global locations delivering IT results for multiple lines of business.
• Enterprise, application and information architecture design experience preferred.
• Experience within a highly technical large data processing environment including mainframe, midrange, network and distributed services across cloud hosted environments.
• Strong leadership and IT financial management skills including leadership of FTE and vendor teams across multiple global locations.
The role will require international travel on an ad hoc basis.
Education and Certification Requirements
University/College degree with technology and business focus and/or 10+ years’ work experience in Information Technology
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 4 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
We're passionate about the core values that make up Aetna International. We are looking for team members who demonstrate Integrity, Excellence, Inspiration and Caring in all they do.
59868Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.