Senior or Lead Financial Accounting AssistantPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Performs a broad range of basic accounting and financial tasks including clerical and administrative responsibilities. Performs basic tasks and assignments in support of the units overall objectives. Assists in the fulfillment of international’s internal and external financial reporting obligations and internal control objectives.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Involved in complicated reconciliations and analysis (investigation and fixes with limited supervision).
- Performs analyses and reporting, including forecasting and trending, of financial and management information with significant financial impact for Premiums/Fees, Accounts Receivable/Payable,
- Overpayment Recoveries and/or Claim/Commissions related activity for all products and segments.
- Publishes results supporting premium/fees, accounts receivable or claim/commissions related activity for all products and business segments; may assist or complete all required analysis and management reporting accompanying the release of published results.
- Provides subject matter expert (SME) consultation and advice in some functional areas of responsibility, providing recommendations on workflows, policies, components of systems and in daily operations and products.
- Provides accurate, timely and insightful analysis in response to ad hoc requests and issues.
- Senior team member, subject matter expert, leads major projects. Support junior members of the team on day to day queries.
Background Experience Desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply knowledge and analytical thinking to work through issues
- Ability to prioritize and answer inquires as assigned
- Team oriented
- Education and Certification Requirements
- Part qualified or qualified by experience
- University degree preferred but not essential
60712Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.