Finance InternPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Finance Intern - Farnborough, Hampshire
Join our Expense Management Team as a Financial Assistant Intern for 2019/2020.
This fantastic opportunity commences Summer 2019 for a period of up to 12 months.
The Expense Management Team based in our Farnborough, Hampshire office supports the overhead expenditure for Aetna International legal entities outside of the US.
The Expense Function has an annual spend in excess of $120m, across multiple countries and currencies and covering all areas of the business.
We are looking for the right talent to support the team in delivering value to the business through high quality Expense analysis and cost containment initiatives. There is opportunity to gain exposure to other finance and business areas within the organisation with potential for rotation.
Working within a small and friendly team, your role will be busy and varied.
Your typical day will include:
• Ownership of extracting and manipulating data from the Expense Management System (Dynamics) to report to the business and across regions
• Co-ordinate the Global Vendor Review Project across our International Business locations including; Europe, Middle East and South East Asia
• Co-ordinate Annual Global spend review across all Business Functions
• General Ledger experience including journal entry and analysis using our International Finance Systems; Dynamics and Oracle
• Assisting with the quarterly forecast and annual planning process for Aetna International
• Assisting with the annual year end external audit
• Perform any other ad-hoc duties or new tasks within the department as prescribed by management
As you’ll be seeking a Finance career after you graduate, you’ll likely be studying towards your Accounting & Finance degree and have GCSE Maths (grade C/4 or above) and 3 A levels.
The key skills you’ll bring and develop during your placement year will be:
• Proficient Excel skills desirable, including but not limited to; pivot tables, graphs, formulae (vlookups, sumifs, etc)
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure with strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, confident dealing with people across seniority levels and departments
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Good use of initiative to drive analysis and information
• Collaborative team player
• Willing to learn new skills
• Interest in pursuing a career in Finance and ultimately qualifying as an accountant
Naturally, as part of a global Fortune 4 employer, we offer a competitive base salary, great benefits (pension, life assurance, 25 days paid holiday per year and private medical insurance (which includes active lifestyle benefits like discounted gym membership, flights and hotels, Amazon Prime, Apple watch, free Starbucks, cinema tickets and lots more).
As we’re based on the Farnborough Business Park, you might choose to spend your lunch break at a military fitness or yoga class, enjoying one of the various beauty and relaxation treatments regularly on offer (discounted fees apply) or playing table tennis in our Atrium.
We offer a free shuttle bus from Farnborough Main and North stations and into Farnborough town centre at lunchtime.
We are an ACCA approved employer (professional development) and actively promote internal career progression, study and development opportunities.
Aetna International, is one of the world's largest and most prominent healthcare providers, with more than 800,000 members worldwide.
Aetna offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health and as part CVS Health, we are the third largest health care benefits company in the United States with c295,000 employees worldwide.
59914Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.