Documentation AssistantPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 8 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
About the Role
To ensure all customer-facing Documentation is created, updated and delivered to the business in a timely and accurate manner, working closely with all in-house and regional departments to manage their documentation requirements.
Documentation management encompasses creation, artwork liaison, proofreading, amendments and updates of key business literature and database templates. This means that an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail is vital with a ‘right first time’ approach being pivotal to daily workflow processes.
The ability to manage deadlines and to communicate across the various business areas at all levels within the company are critical elements of the role.
Your typical day will include:
- Supporting the business through the provision of documentation for each region.
- Keeping operating costs to a minimum through accuracy of output and ‘right first time’ approach.
- Maintaining version control to support audit and quality control purposes.
- Making full use of all resources available to produce documentation for the business to review and comment on.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge throughout the full document creation cycle to ensure accuracy during proofreading and production stages.
- Delivering weekly reports showing progress achieved against targets set.
- Working with the team to maintain the central document databases, ensuring all documents are reviewed, indexed, updated and approved against pre-set requirements and in line with agreed time-frames.
- Engaging with art-working, print management and other third-party suppliers, to ensure that instructions given are understood and work completed by them meets agreed standards.
What you’ll need
- High standard and understanding of written English.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to take the initiative.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Able to prioritise workflows based on the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. If you have experience using Adobe Acrobat and Pro and/or experience creating templates using OpenText Exstream/Thunderhead this will considered an advantage
- Administrative experience.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 7% Company Pension
- Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
- Life Insurance
- Income protection insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years!
- We’ll help you grow by providing support for your professional development
- Well-being initiatives to keep you healthy
- Fresh fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee appreciation lunches
- Social activities – we work hard but like to have fun too!
We’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.