Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Director, IT InfrastructurePrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Our IT professionals create best-in-class solutions that integrate technology, information and business processes. They keep applications, systems, networks and processes up and running so employees, members, providers and plan sponsors stay connected with tools and information.
Accountable for the effective administration, project management and delivery of high-quality products and services that meet Enterprise Utility customer objectives. Provide highly available, reliable and cost effective host computing services.
· Develop and execute a multiyear global infrastructure strategy across businesses, leveraging industry best practices, emerging technologies, best in class security standards and controls, broad enterprise capabilities and contracts to optimize delivery value and cost.
· Closely manage day to day production run activities across international businesses maximising availability with focus on achieving 6 sigma results, optimising network performance across applications and business functions.
· Lead global IT teams across broad areas of responsibility including desktop application, cloud architectures, security, servers, storage, communication technologies, LANs, WANs, internet, wireless and IT service management.
· Maintain and enhance current and emerging technologies and platforms (i.e. AI, software defined infrastructure, edge computing, hosting and cloud optimisation), to continually evolve our digital infrastructure.
· Manage the overall production environment change schedule ensuring proper controls, sign-offs, check-outs and remediation of any issue encountered through change processes.
· Coordinate receipt and remediation of incoming IT ticket volumes and sorting through to resolution. Drive to 24-hour TAT on business production issues and optimised scheduling of break-fix and small enhancement items reported through business teams.
· Develop scalable IT platforms and processes to support business growth plans. Introduce revisions as appropriate to reflect changing technology and the increasing maturity of the organisation.
· Optimise operational processes and infrastructure costs leveraging varied sourcing models, new/emerging technology implementations, process and service improvements, and Dev Sec Ops tooling and process.
· Utilize ITIL best practices across all infrastructure activities including change and problem management, DBAR preparedness and testing, security control management and run performance and cost optimization across business solutions.
· Manage teams and vendors via well-defined results based KPMs with regular reviews and process performance improvement activities monthly, quarterly and annually.
· Understand, interpret and satisfy agreed-upon business customer requirements. Monitor Utility performance and measure customer satisfaction.
· Focus relentlessly on talent development building a diverse team of technology professionals with tight alignment to business strategies and operating plan objectives.
· Develop business volume models and related system performance forecasts based on historic trends and customer business demand projections to ensure teams deliver IT platform performance required for all customers.
· Development of tactical alternatives to address capacity shortfalls due to variances in demand or resource availability.
· Assess impact to Utility Product rates based on forecasted demand.
· Participate in the negotiation process with Contract Services and the IT PMO to acquire vendor products or service.
· Monitor vendor activity to ensure service levels are acceptable, taking action when appropriate and ensuring alignment to budget.
· Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
· Manages technical integration of all infrastructure support areas to ensure required IT resources are appropriately allocated to meet business objectives. Develop and implement technology strategies that influence business area with senior management review.
· Anticipates,analyses, and reacts to the potential impact changes to technology and/or products may have on the business and the computing environment, escalating to senior management when necessary.
· Cultivates and expands collaborative partnerships with peer management in business, project management, application development and IT infrastructure organizations to facilitate and optimize delivery of service and support.
· Manages the development of detail work plans, schedules, project estimates, resourceplans and status reports. Allocates staff and budget resources as needed to achieve the objectives of several concurrent projects.
· Strong demonstrated leadership experience in building out multi-data centre environments leveraging industry leading technology at optimal cost.
· Strong communication skills and demonstrated expertise working with teams ranging from front line staff to Sr Executives.
· Proven ability to lead teams in broad global locations delivering IT results for multiple lines of business.
· Ability to work independently adapting to changing priorities and integrating emerging technology best practices across an international environment.
· Enterprise, application and information architecture design experience preferred.
· Experience within a highly technical large data processing environment including mainframe, midrange, network and distributed services across cloud hosted environments.
· Financial experience required and experienced in managing global vendor relationships.
· Strong leadership skills and a people centric individual who can lead and guide a global team (vendor and FTE resources).
· Experienced in the implementation of ITIL methodology.
University College degree with technology and business focus and/or 10+years’ work experience in Information Technology.
59862Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.