Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Director, Information Security, Farnborough - 63398BRPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
In this critical business focused role, you'll be responsible for all security and working as part of the senior team.
Your remit will include:
- Responsible for full remit of Info Sec and IT Security operations for the CVS Aetna Health International businesses. Functions include all aspects of IT Security, IT Audit and Pen testing for assigned business units.
- Maintains and fosters relationships with business and IT executive management driving IT Security awareness and discipline across the organisation. Represents IT Security, goals, training, and ensures compliance across all International businesses.
- Responsible to develop a multi- year IT Security Strategy and set of annual operating plan objectives for assigned businesses.
- Identifies protection goals and objectives consistent with the corporate strategic plan.
- Pro-actively manages the cyber/information security threat landscape across International; conducts risk assessments and risk analysis to help the organization to develop security standards and procedures that support strategic, tactical and operational business objectives on a cost-effective basis.
- Serves as a central repository for information security related issues for International.
- Develops, implements and administers a coordinated process for response to such issues.
- Maintains a broad understanding of legislation relating to information security and privacy, security policies, industry best practices, exposures and their application to the IT environment across International (US, EMEA & Asia).
- Makes certain that meaningful metrics on key critical infrastructure components of information security are established and monitored to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and processes.
- Fosters activities to actively instigate information security awareness within International
- Oversees internal and external audits and follow up with implementation-based audit recommendations. Communicates unresolved information security exposures, misuse, or non-compliance situations to senior management.
- Has overall responsibility for International Cyber Security Programs and communications
- Leads small team across International, linking closely with the larger Enterprise IT teams
- Direct reporting line into Manager, Global Security and matrixed reporting to CIO International
- Operates as a member of the International IT Leadership team
- Maintains Info Sec budget
- Global travel year 1 – up to 40%
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Current CISM or CISPP accreditation
- Certified Cloud Security Professional
- Demonstrates broad awareness of global regulatory and legislative requirements within a matrix environment
- Military, law enforcement or Corporate background preferred
- Strategy development in line with ISO27001 standard
- Deep understanding of international cyber security and data protection
As we’re based on the Farnborough Business Park, you might choose to spend your lunch break at a military fitness or yoga class, enjoying one of the various beauty and relaxation treatments on offer (discounted fees apply) or playing table tennis in our Atrium.
We offer a free shuttle bus from Farnborough Main and North stations and into Farnborough town centre at lunchtime.
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. As part of CVS Health, Aetna is a Fortune 8 company and the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
63398EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.