Customer Service Consultant - NightsPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 8 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
About the role
We have a great opportunity to join our CARE team as a Case Management Associate/Customer Service Consultant. You will be part of our exceptional team of experts supporting our members across the globe at times of need. This is a highly rewarding and important role where no two days are the same.
As our Case Management Associate/Customer Service Consultant, you will work with many different areas of the business to investigate, review and pre-authorise healthcare insurance claims. You’ll work closely with our Clinical Case Managers providing them with operational and logistic support to ensure our members get the healthcare they need anytime of the day or night.
Your typical day will include:
Professionally manage inbound and outbound telephone and email communications with members, brokers, hospitals & GP’s.
Complete eligibility verification, escalate medical information to our Clinical Case Managers
Triage and prioritise caseloads considering urgency, geographical locations, service required and member expectations
Coordinate outpatient care, inpatient hospital admissions, emergency evacuations and our Air Ambulance
Our Customer Service Consultants work rotating shifts consisting of four (4) consecutive nights at work followed by four (4) consecutive nights off work (the “4 on/4 off shift pattern”). Which are to be worked Monday to Sunday according to the shift pattern.
You will be rewarded with a generous shift allowance, discretionary bonus and a good basic salary.
What you’ll need
- Previous experience within customer services
- If you have experience within in an insurance and/or healthcare environment even better!
- A medical background would be an advantage as would experience handling insurance claims
- Excellent customer service skills including both verbal and written skills
- You’ll be a good problem solver with a practical and methodical approach
- Initiative and the ability to prioritise varied and important tasks is important
- You’ll need to be able to display a high level of empathy and understanding
- Teamwork is at the heart of everything we do, so you should be an effective collaborator
- Accuracy and a keen eye for detail is essential
- Competitive salary
- Shift allowance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 7% Company Pension
- Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
- Life Insurance
- Income protection insurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years!
- We’ll help you grow by providing support for your professional development
- Fresh fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee appreciation lunches
- Social activities – we work hard but like to have fun too!
- Well-being initiatives
We’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.