Claims AdministratorPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 4 company, Aetna is the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
Aetna’s global business, Aetna International, is one of the world’s largest and most prominent providers, with more than 650,000 members worldwide and a direct settlement network of over 125,000 hospitals and clinics.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
About the role
Due to internal promotion we have a great opportunity to join our out-patient Claims team as a Claims Associate / Claims Administrator on a permanent basis. We are looking for the right talent to ensure smooth functioning of the claims administrative function integral to the Operations Team.
You will be required to work closely with the Medical Claims Assessor team to process out-patient claims, ensuring superior claim and customer service performance always.
Your typical day will include:
• Receiving, date stamping, logging and acknowledging new claim submissions.
• Loading claims onto the system as advised by the Medical Claims Assessors.
• Liaising with members, brokers and providers via telephone and email to obtain further information required for assessment
• Scanning, filing, sending of letters and emails etc
• Deal with incoming calls from members/brokers/providers
What you’ll need
• Office/administration experience
• Excellent communication skills including letter/email writing skills and telephone manner
• Computer literate
• Positive and pro-active attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Exposure to the Medical or Insurance industry is an advantage
• Competitive salary
• Discretionary annual bonus
• 7% Company Pension
• Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
• Life Insurance
• Income protection insurance
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years!
• We’ll help you grow by providing support for your professional development
• Fresh fruit and drinks
• Monthly employee appreciation lunches
• Social activities – we work hard but like to have fun too!
• Well-being initiatives to keep you healthy
We’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.