Business Analyst, Farnborough - 63264BRPrimary Location: Farnborough, HANTS
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Aetna International are looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our team building pricing quotation tools to meet our future quoting needs.
In this role, you’ll report to the Manager, Application Development and will be working within a small international team.
Your day to day:
- Perform analysis and translates business needs to create high-quality Business Requirements and Functional Specifications documentation within specified time frames to solve moderately complex problems (multiple interfaces with other systems within a business unit) considering all impacted components from an end-to-end perspective.
- Ensure end-to-end traceability of requirements is complete.
- Apply specific functional and/or business expertise to perform assigned tasks and develop specific project deliverables.
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Competent to work with minimal supervision in a technical capacity on most phases of the business systems analysis.
- Contribute to the review of Pricing Test Planning and Test Execution strategies.
- Create the appropriate User-Interface Model(s) to support projects.
- Develop business workflow diagrams.
- Assists in the development of data models and interface design specifications. Document, track, and resolve issues related to data quality.
- Contribute to the design and mapping of data conversion strategies.
- Complete project activities on time and within budget, and proactively identifies and communicates issues that may jeopardize milestones or project budget to the Project Manager.
- Adhere to APLC or AGILE project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools and identifying areas for methodology improvement.
- Develop Product Overviews, FAQs, Tool Glossaries, system training material, and system user documentation to support implementation activities.
- Create appropriate communication materials are documented and distributed appropriately.
- Conduct interviews, fact-finding, and independent research to design creative, progressive solutions for business problems.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years Business Analyst experience, Actuarial background desired.
- Insurance background preferred; building pricing quotations
- Demonstrate strong professional document creation in MS Word and Visio
- Superior communication and stakeholder management skills; with the ability to effectively work across the business to understand and translate business needs into technical reality through the Development team.
- Project management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills track record of delivering measurable business solutions and business benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Successful delivery of the automation of manual processes.
CLO Our rewards
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Company Pension
- Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
- Life Insurance 4 x annual salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Fresh fruit and drinks
- Monthly employee appreciation lunches
- Social activities
- Well-being initiatives
As we’re based on the Farnborough Business Park, you might choose to spend your lunch break at a military fitness or yoga class, enjoying one of the various beauty and relaxation treatments on offer (discounted fees apply) or playing table tennis in our Atrium.
We offer a free shuttle bus from Farnborough Main and North stations and into Farnborough town centre at lunchtime.
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. As part of CVS Health, Aetna is a Fortune 8 company and the third largest health care benefits company in the United States.
63264Potential Telework Position: No EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.