Assistant Finance AnalystPrimary Location: Farnborough, United Kingdom
Additional Locations: HANTS-Farnborough Apply
Assistant Finance Analyst – Farnborough, Hampshire
Are you looking for a new role that will enable you to challenge the status-quo and use your initiative?
A role where you can put your analytical skills to the test and gain fantastic insight into every aspect of the Aetna International business?
As our Finance Analyst you will work within a small, friendly and supportive team; you’ll be working with all business functions such as Claims, Sales, Operations, Underwriting and Finance to deliver a high standard of analysis.
Your typical day will include:
• Ownership of extracting and manipulating financial data from the operating platform to report to the business
• Ensuring the data is maintained in an accurate and timely manner and meets the changing needs of the business
• Assisting with the production of the monthly financial Underwriting P&L
• Contributing to the analysis of global sales performance and assisting in production of key sales performance reports, including trend and variance analysis to prior periods/forecasts
• Supporting the delivery of reports to regulators, reinsurers and auditors
• Actively participating in team meetings and commenting on performance results
• Performing any other ad-hoc duties or new tasks within the department as prescribed by management
To be successful in this role, you’ll be:
• Pro-active, innovative and full of initiative to drive analysis and information
• Proficient in MS Excel - ideally with experience of pivot tables, graphs, formulae (vlookups, sumifs, etc)
• Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure with strong attention to detail
• An excellent communicator, bringing strong interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at different seniority levels across multiple departments
• A great team player
• Willing to learn new skills
• Educated to a good level: 3 A levels (with at least one maths based subject) and a degree (preferably Maths or Business).
We're passionate about the core values that make up Aetna International.
We are looking for talented individuals who can demonstrate Integrity, Excellence, Inspiration and Caring in all they do.
7% Company Pension
Private healthcare + discounted lifestyle benefits including gym membership, flights & hotels, Starbucks, cinema tickets
Life Insurance 4 x annual salary
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Fresh fruit and drinks
Monthly employee appreciation lunches
As we’re based on the Farnborough Business Park, you might choose to spend your lunch break at a military fitness or yoga class, enjoying one of the various beauty/relaxation treatments on offer (discounted fees apply) or playing table tennis in our Atrium.
We offer a free shuttle bus from Farnborough Main and North stations and into Farnborough town centre at lunchtime.
About your Career
We are an ACCA approved employer (professional development) and actively promote internal career progression and development opportunities. We offer AAT, ACCA and CIMA sponsorship opportunities.
Aetna are a leading diversified health care benefits company, serving an estimated 44 million people. We offer industry-leading information, tools and resources to help people achieve their best possible health. A Fortune 4 company, with over 295,00 employees worldwide, we are one of the leading healthcare companies in the world.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare across the globe. We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
As well as some excellent benefits and a fantastic working environment, we will give you the space to grow and provide you with opportunities to learn new skills to keep you developing personally and professionally.
Join us and help turn health ambitions into achievements.
We’d love to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook!
60841EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.