vHealth - Staff Physicians / Doctors (Contracted/Part-Time Hours) - 57949BRPrimary Location: United Arab Emirates
Additional Locations: ARE-Dubai Apply
Aetna International is building an innovative new clinical program offering virtual primary care. The foundation of this program will be a set of evidence-based clinical protocols for delivery of virtual primary care across a global setting.
Develop, implement, support, and promote Health Services strategies, tactics, policies, and programs that drive the delivery of quality healthcare to establish competitive business advantage for Aetna.
A specialist in delivering consistent, high quality primary care 24/7 to Aetna members and uses business knowledge to drive highest level of patient satisfaction with the service, including diagnosis, advice and treatment (prescription) as appropriate.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements include but are not limited to
- Deliver high quality primary care consults to Aetna members through a combination of on-site corporate clinics and telemedicine consults, leveraging technology (audio/video/chat). Follow up with patients as and when clinically required.
- Using expert medical knowledge acts as family doctor for patients ensuring they receive required level of care, when they need and where they need it – become the custodian of their health.
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure the best possible clinical outcome for the patient.
- Hold clinics monthly at our member workplaces around the Dubai metro-area, to provide in-person clinical care to our members and educate them about the virtual primary care service
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Aetna Clinical Protocols to ensure an evidence-based approach to patient care.
- Maintain CME knowledge.
- Participate in consultation audits and clinical content development as directed by the Medical Director.
- Support Medical Director in training of new joiners in Aetna systems, processes, PMS and protocols etc.
- Maintain the highest level of customer centricity ensuring the best possible member experience during and post consultation.
- 5 years of work experience in a family medicine / general practice setting.
- Work experience in relevant Primary Care settings is essential (e.g. General Practice, Paediatrics, Women's health, Psychiatry)
- Must be experienced in chronic disease management (e.g. Diabetes, Hypertension)
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of evidence-based guidelines and the application to clinical practice.
Education and Certification Requirements
- MBBS or equivalent
- A CCT in Family medicine training or experience in telemedicine or virtual care is a significant plus
Additional Information (situational competencies, skills, work location requirements, etc.)
- Ability to work across shift hours as per team schedule
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, comfort with computer systems.
- Fast learner, problem solver, adaptive and exhibits a desire to excel.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Strong analytical skills.
- Empathetic, ethical, compassionate and devoted to delivery of very high-quality clinical service.
- Highly flexible and collaborative; a team player - capable of working with various teams and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in a fast-paced and growth environment is a plus.
- Up to 10% travel to Dubai Member workplaces for on -site corporate visits.
- Willingness to work flexible hours across the week as per vHealth Program requirements (approximately 16 hours a week)
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.