Compliance Consultant (AML Specialist) -Dubai - 66030BRPrimary Location: Dubai, ARE
Additional Locations: ARE-Dubai Apply
Job Group Summary
Whether it's complying with changing regulations and laws, adhering to ethical guidelines or preventing fraud, our Legal Department is the driving force behind it. Their work helps us meet the highest standards of business conduct and integrity in all we do.
Promotes and enforces AML compliance with laws and regulations and related-company policies affecting Aetna businesses and encourages high business standards in order to advance company objectives, benefit the company's customers, employees and shareholders, and protect the company's reputation.
Responsibilities include auditing, investigating, training/education and enforcement ongoing consultation on AML issues impacting businesses interfacing with industry groups and regulators on compliance with laws and regulators monitoring and reporting on adherence to compliance controls recommending and helping businesses to implement compliance controls
- Assisting and supporting the RCD: to manage AI’s legal, regulatory and compliance requirements in the manner directed by, and to the standards required by, the AI Chief Compliance Officer & CVS Health Head of Financial Crime; to carry out such discrete or project-type tasks set by the AI Chief Compliance Officer & CVS Health Head of Financial Crime ;
- Provide transactional guidance to the business on carrying out AML and Financial Crime checks/ due diligence.
- Provide active support to various AML and Financial Crime related projects and systems.
- Provide AML/CTF/Sanctions training to relevant staff.
- Update and implement AML frameworks, policies, procedures, processes and systems
- Design and conduct periodic risk assessments / compliance monitoring and testing on AML & Financial Crime, and thereafter produce reports and complete and close any corrective action plans
- Be first point of contact for internal suspicious activity reports
- Keep abreast of key regulatory changes which may impact on the firm's businesses
- Support Regional Compliance in identifying matters concerned with reputational risk and regulatory risk arising out of potential AML and Financial Crime breaches.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
- Supporting the RCD to advise on, monitor and implement mitigation strategies in respect of compliance and regulatory issues;
- Preparing materials to be presented to the senior management team and other relevant parties on AML issues;
- Assisting with regulatory reporting; Developing a professional relationship with all relevant regulatory bodies;
- Ensuring adherence to Best Practice Processes, Service Standards and to all relevant statutory or regulatory requirements ;
- Working to improve Best Practice procedures and standards; Promoting and enforcing Aetna's Code of Conduct and AI compliance policies;
- Identify and researching significant AML legislative initiatives and assessing impact on business operations in conjunction with the RCD.
Education and Certification Requirements
- Degree or equivalent experience
Background & Experience Desired
- Proficient in MS-Office.
- Proven track record in drafting, interpreting, and implementing insurance
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is desirable.
- Experience in a compliance or legal environment with particular emphasis on practical knowledge of relevant law, regulation and best practices as they apply to insurance.
- Requires the following behavioral skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Enjoys challenge.
- Motivated to deliver the right answer in the right timeframe
- Works Proactively, either as a part of a team or alone.
- Strong negotiator.
- Works well under pressure and is a pro-active self-starter.
66030Potential Telework Position: No
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.