VBA Developer, Dubai - 68578BRPrimary Location: Dubai, ARE
Additional Locations: ARE-Dubai Apply
Our IT professionals create best-in-class solutions that integrate technology, information and business processes. They keep applications, systems, networks and processes up and running so employees, members, providers and plan sponsors stay connected with needed tools and information.
Deliver business systems and support business customers to meet the organizations needs in a timely, cost effective manner.
Under general supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs,
documents and maintains those programs. Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities but requires instruction and guidance in other phases.
Fundamental Components & Physical Requirements
- Supports Development Life Cycle including Maintenance
- Translates business requirements to technical specifications
- Creates technical designs for a new application or enhancements including integration of purchased solutions Supports the Code Asset Management process
- Designs and/or codes efficient, cost effective application program solutions (develops new and/or reuses existing code through the use of program development software and/or integrates purchased solutions)
- Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across the organization
- Performs unit and integrated system testing, according to detailed plans to ensure high quality systems
- Supports processes related to the implementation of system into production including integration of purchased solutions
- Performs ongoing system maintenance, research, and support, according to defined plans or documentation for existing systems Utilizes accepted methodology & tools in a disciplined manner
- Exhibits behaviors outlined in Employee Competencies
- Supervision Received:
- Receives direct but not constant supervision.
- Competent to work on several phases of systems analysis and application program development with only general direction, but requires some instruction and guidance for other phases
- Supervision Exercised:
- Generally none but may occasionally assist more junior Programmer/Analysts
Background Experience Desired
- Extensive experience programming via VBA / VB6
- Prior experience working in a similar role with an insurer or financial services firm
- Experience working on and supporting projects across multiple geographies (EMEA & APAC)
- Relevant experience writing SQL including dynamic SQL & T-SQL
Education and Certification Requirements
- Relevant in degree in Computer Sciences
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate with business
- Ability to understand and effectively convey business requirements to technical team
(VBA Developer / VBA Programmer / VBA Analyst / Excel )
68578EEO Statement: Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.