Web Engineer - Visual Studio, IIS, SQL ServerPrimary Location: Downers Grove, IL
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, IL-Downers Grove, PA-Cranberry Apply
This position will be responsible for implementation and support of midrange web technologies that enable Medicare Stars enterprise web environments to meet service level agreements while positioning to be responsive and proactive to changing business requirements.
- This position is responsible for customizing, maintaining and/or developing code to support operations for Aetna’s Medicare Stars Data Intelligence team by building web infrastructure environments for development and production web application server environments, including Microsoft IIS to support application deployment
- Assists and conducts configuration & testing/certification of web infrastructure products, customer support and upgrades.
- Independently designs and/or codes efficient, cost effective application program solutions (develops new and/or reuses existing code using program development software and/or integrates purchased solutions).
- Works on small and large moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that may integrate across the organization.
- With limited direction, translates business requirements to technical specifications.
- Creates technical designs for a new application or enhancements
- Monitor overall capacity / performance of application and web server environment and perform necessary diagnostic and tuning for Microsoft IIS servers.
- Tune web infrastructure components for optimal performance for both system and application goals
- Participates in development of operational tool sets and definition of methodologies
- Support stress testing and monitoring of applications deployed in the web infrastructure.
- Consult as necessary to assist in identifying performance and behavior issues with web applications and their impact to the application server behavior
- Work closely with Medicare Stars systems architect on application system design and user interface needs and objectives.
- Participates in all phases of development and implementation.
- Provides support on product specific technical questions and reviews of business requirements
- Participate in small to large complex project initiatives with peers and business partners within Medicare Stars space and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions Software Troubleshooting
- Diagnose, isolate and debug software problems and performs problem resolution. Capture necessary diagnostic information (i.e. traces, dumps) to provide to vendor
- Provides technical support for web infrastructure tier, including both software product and application issues.
- Utilizes all the available diagnostic tools including interacting with the user, vendor and other technical areas.
- Participates in developing and implementing the appropriate corrective action.
- Escalates to technical lead and/or department management as outlined in unit guidelines Technology planning
- Participates in the development of tactical and long-term strategies for web infrastructure hardware/software solutions taking into consideration performance, reliability, functionality, scalability and cost.
- Provides input to technology strategies in support of business requirements
- Abides and supports current security best practices, compliance and regulatory regulations
- Foundational level knowledge of Web Internet Security and base level knowledge of business areas.
- Foundational understanding of J2EE and .Net concepts and architecture.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills with proven experience in diagnostic and troubleshooting experience in software and enterprise environments.
- 1-3 years web and systems engineering experience in distributed enterprise environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking ability.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, HealthCare Informatics, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, degree and/or the equivalent work experience in infrastructure technology disciplines.
Jobs for you
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Your Saved Jobs
You do not have any saved jobs
Sign up for Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community
At Aetna, a CVS Health Company, we are pioneering a total approach to health and wellness and we need talented candidates like you to join our team. Become a member of our talent community to be the first to know about career initiatives that match your skills and interests as they become available, in addition to details on upcoming events, networking opportunities, and news about Aetna, a CVS Health Company.Sign Up
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna, a CVS Health Company.