Aetna IT is committed to keeping our members at the heart of everything we do. Our top-talent workforce delivers leading-edge technology, drives innovation, turns vision into action and challenges the art of the possible. We provide best-in-class services to our members by delivering groundbreaking healthcare tools, enabling consumer-friendly interactions and protecting data security. Your mission will be to deliver innovating technology solutions including: Hybrid cloud infrastructure, artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities and infrastructure as code.
Aetna, a CVS Health Company, is a company with a world-class IT team and we will be counting on you to carry on our success as the preferred provider of infrastructure services for our business partners.
What makes a successful Information Technologist?
Here are the traits we are looking for:
- Digitally Savvy
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Technologically savvy
- Relationship expertise
- Business Savvy
Technology Research Architect/Developer - Innovation - 60559BRPrimary Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Additional Locations: CT-Hartford, IL-Downers Grove, PA-Blue Bell Apply
Note: Position can be located in following Aetna Office: Hartford, CT, Blue Bell, PA, Downers Grove, IL.
*Visa sponsorship or transfer is not offered for this position
Outstanding career opportunity for person who is currently a software developer looking to advance into Architect role. Will have exposure to innovation technology!
As Technology Research Architect, you will be a key contributor to researching and assessing emerging technologies to enable innovation across the enterprise. As part of the dedicated technology research team within the office of the CTO, you will be responsible for exploring and gaining deep understanding of technological advances, emergent technologies and disruptive trends. You will be responsible for facilitating the ideas of using new and existing technologies in novel and unique ways to support a wide range of technologies including digitization, intelligent business processes automation, artificial intelligence, Blockchain, internet of things, immersive interfaces, and hybrid cloud.
In this role, you will influence business owners, technical leaders, solution architects and integration architects in achieving CVS Health strategic goals by enabling the use of cutting-edge technologies to solve previously unsolved business challenges.
You will also partner with other enterprise architects, solution architects, security and infrastructure teams during the pilot implementations of emerging technologies and be primarily responsible for validating conceptual architectures, guiding teams on the design and devising strategies to integrate with other CVS Health enterprise systems. You will serve as an integral partner, guiding application teams to adopt newer technologies to create disruptive and transformational breakthroughs that create new growth opportunities, competitive business services and result in delightful customer experiences.
You will develop integrated views of company’s business capabilities and processes using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. You will also inform enterprise decisions, roadmaps and planning for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the enterprise must develop to satisfy its customers, compete in a market, manage its vendors, and improve operations.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a senior developer or an IT architect role for a Fortune 500 Company, with demonstrated experience in developing and applying architecture blueprints and aligning projects to enterprise standards and business solutions.
- Exposure to unstructured text analytics, cognitive search, voice/natural language processing, image processing and other AI related emerging concepts and technologies.
- Exposure to machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Exposure to Hybrid cloud platforms with working knowledge and/or certification on AWS, Azure or Google cloud platform.
- Knowledge of blockchain frameworks such as Ethereum and Hyperledger highly desirable.
- Exposure to Big data and Hadoop ecosystem desirable.
- Exposure to Agile and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFE)
- Must demonstrate hands on coding skills to develop PoTs to validate emerging technology capabilities within assigned technology domains.
- Must demonstrate technical leadership, be able to turn vision into action, drive outcomes, and promote common goals and actions.
- Healthcare experience is a significant plus.
Additional Job Information:
-T shaped IT
professional with depth of knowledge in a few areas and breadth of knowledge in
-Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to lead
complex enterprise teams through intelligent business process automation,
converting business strategy into action-oriented objectives and measurable
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and
the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization;
this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations.
- Ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of
the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal
conveyance regarding business strategy and initiatives, IT strategy and
initiatives, and benefit realization.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an
organization with the ability to influence others and move toward consensus.
Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities. Ability to think
creatively and to drive innovation.
- Ability to multi-task and rapid context switch between
various technology research and innovation activities.
- Ability to assess the impact of architecture changes on
the business, application relationships and information flow.
- Experience researching groundbreaking, cutting edge
technologies and drive innovation to address business needs and making
recommendations to senior IT and business leaders based on applicability.
- Complete understanding of the software development
lifecycle - must have participated on many projects through their complete
lifecycles (requirements, design, development, launch).
- Strong ability to facilitate collaboration among senior
technical team members and senior business leaders.
- Strong organizational, leadership and consensus building
skills; ability to inspire and lead teams in matrix organization.
Health Insurers, IBM Partner on Blockchain Project
A group of health insurers is partnering with IBM Corp. to use blockchain technology to improve how industry stakeholders exchange health information and ultimately create a better patient experience.
Click for more
Fortune Names CVS Health the No. 35 Most Admired Company
WOONSOCKET, R.I., Jan. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), the nation's largest pharmacy innovation company, today was recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. CVS Health was honored as No. 39 on the corporate rankings, up six spots from the previous year and marking the fourth consecutive year on the Global Top 50 list.
Click for more
Modern Healthcare names Karen Lynch Top 25 Women Leaders
Aetna’s Workplace Diversity
Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Larry Merlo at Forbes Health Care Summit Discusses combination of CVS and Aetna and Placing Consumers at the Center of Their Care.
Larry Merlo – A New Day in Health Care press release
Sign up for Job Alerts
Explore This Area
Check out where you could be working if you apply.View Map
Join Our Talent Community
Sign up to receive information about job openings that are tailored to your skills and interests. Plus, get the latest career news from Aetna.